Home

Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits

This is a discussion on Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 02:21 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Possible Horrible Flaw In WR Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I think that if you guys played some other sports games besides EA football games, you'd realize that a player doesn't have to be rated in the 90s to be a great player.

Try playing EA's Fifa soccer and look at the ratings of those players.

Or almost any game by 2k sports.
Huh? Players being rated in the 90's isnt the argument. Players having terrible attributes, specifically receivers in this thread, is the issue.

I was just saying that EA might have looked over the effects of having such bad ratings across the board because the simmed stats looked decent.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:31 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Huh? Players being rated in the 90's isnt the argument. Players having terrible attributes, specifically receivers in this thread, is the issue.

I was just saying that EA might have looked over the effects of having such bad ratings across the board because the simmed stats looked decent.
"A player doesn't have to be rated in the 90s to be great" implies that players rated in the 80s are great...which implies that players rated in the 70s are good.

You've played these games too long and have ingrained EA's old rating system into your head: 90+ = good. 79 and below = terrible.

In some of EA's other sports titles (non-football) and in all of 2K's titles, very few players (if any) are rated in the 90s (either overall, or in any specific skill), the great players are rated in the 80s (again, both in their overall and specific skills), and the bulk of the players are rated in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

Take EA's FIFA 10, for example. If memory serves me right (been a while since I played it), Christiano Ronaldo is the best player in the game, and I believe he is an 89 overall (on a 0-99 scale, just like NCAA Football). And he's excellent.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:33 AM   #59
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I think that if you guys played some other sports games besides EA football games, you'd realize that a player doesn't have to be rated in the 90s to be a great player.

Try playing EA's Fifa soccer and look at the ratings of those players.

Or almost any game by 2k sports.
I love Chopps2k8 by 2k to this day. Your right that they have players with low ovr but the other ratings may not be. I can play with a 67ovr player in that game and score 20 points a night because he has a 84 3pt rating. The same is being said about NCAA 11. We are all fine with low ovr if the ratings that matter to that players position were in check but they are not. A WR with a 60's acc & cth is useless. Just like in 2k's game when you have that guy who has a 59 3pt rating. You can't bomb 3's with him and win. If my wr can't get open then my passing game does not work. I can't play like that.
What EA needed to do was tone down the 5-6 point per year rating increases. And its 2011 give us in dynasty edits. We could fix this.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I love Chopps2k8 by 2k to this day. Your right that they have players with low ovr but the other ratings may not be. I can play with a 67ovr player in that game and score 20 points a night because he has a 84 3pt rating. The same is being said about NCAA 11. We are all fine with low ovr if the ratings that matter to that players position were in check but they are not. A WR with a 60's acc & cth is useless. Just like in 2k's game when you have that guy who has a 59 3pt rating. You can't bomb 3's with him and win. If my wr can't get open then my passing game does not work. I can't play like that.
What EA needed to do was tone down the 5-6 point per year rating increases. And its 2011 give us in dynasty edits. We could fix this.
Agreed, 70 ovr is fine if i can do anything with them but their core ratings, the ratings that actually matter are off. Recivers rated 59 or even 99 with 57 catch 40 elusive 60 acc are worthless on every level of football.

They should have just curbed the progression of powerhouse schools back from the 5-6 point increases to lower the amount of 99 overall ratings which was their goal. Unfortunately the left progression the same, despite people thinking its changed, and curbed recruits.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:32 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

I really don't get the in-fighting going on in these threads between everybody. There is a flaw with CPU-generated recruits and progression, period. It isn't the phantasmic hallucinations of people. It's there, real and broken. And while one can still enjoy a Play Now Exhibition game or a casual venture into a dynasty, it does negatively impact dynasties for those whom really like to sink their teeth into them.

And let's be honest, one doesn't have to take NCAA 11 too seriously and neglect their life to enjoy the game. We all have responsibilities and other pursuits, so there's no need for folks to be dismissive of those who want the game balanced. We're all logged-in on a sports video game forum debating a sports video game. It's what we're supposed to do here... criticize, praise, debate, etc.

I don't want to get 4-years deep into my dynasty and discover a watered-down version of college football wherein the year's Heisman hopeful is a pine-ridin' caliber HB from Baylor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodizzy
I really don't get the in-fighting going on in these threads between everybody. There is a flaw with CPU-generated recruits and progression, period. It isn't the phantasmic hallucinations of people. It's there, real and broken. And while one can still enjoy a Play Now Exhibition game or a casual venture into a dynasty, it does negatively impact dynasties for those whom really like to sink their teeth into them.

And let's be honest, one doesn't have to take NCAA 11 too seriously and neglect their life to enjoy the game. We all have responsibilities and other pursuits, so there's no need for folks to be dismissive of those who want the game balanced. We're all logged-in on a sports video game forum debating a sports video game. It's what we're supposed to do here... criticize, praise, debate, etc.

I don't want to get 4-years deep into my dynasty and discover a watered-down version of college football wherein the year's Heisman hopeful is a pine-ridin' caliber HB from Baylor.
*sigh* its amazing watching people make a mountain over a mole hill.

last year, when the dynasty progression was actually broken.. did you flip out this hard?
Old 07-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #63
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out

last year, when the dynasty progression was actually broken.. did you flip out this hard?
You might say it was broken last year, but it has nothing on this year's game. Players are flat terrible. It would be one thing if this was just some players. That is to be expected. But ALL of them? Now THAT is a problem.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out

You really think that guy you quoted was "flipping out"? Sounded to me like a pretty reasonable concern. You can see people ACTUALLY flipping out about all kinds of stuff on the EA forum - they don't usually say things like "it does negatively impact dynasties for those whom really like to sink their teeth into them."

Anyway you yourself suggested this in your own thread: "Confirmed just now that you can create a few prospects, save the dynasty, and then load and re load the recruiting class surrounding your created players until you get a good class. ...What this means is that ... well damn this great news. Now I feel that if you were to add say, 5 players each off season ranked at 85, plus making sure the recruiting classes were high in 5 and 4 caliber players, it would really go a long way in making sure the top end teams achieved A more regularly."

You think this is a reasonable thing to have to do each season of dynasty? Create at least 5 recruits, reload your class until it looks somewhat decent? That's a fair amount of work, and it still may not address two other problems noticed by many: skill players with very low ratings in specific categories that affect them (like juke and spin for WRs, kick power and accuracy for kickers, etc.), and the huge glut of D- teams (potentially affected, just depends how big of a shift upward you can create by re-generating your draft class).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »