Home

Starting RB Disappearing

This is a discussion on Starting RB Disappearing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Starting RB Disappearing

So last night, decided to start a UGA dynasty offline in addition to the current online dynasty Im running with UNC. I play the opener Loiusiana-Lafayette, and by halftime I'm running away with it, up 38-0. Washaun Ealy has been huge for me, with something like 95 yards already. The 2nd half starts for some reason, Caleb King, the backup is in. This is fine as King is also pretty good, but I check the depth chart, Washaun is still there, check the injury report, he's not injured. So I try to sub him in using the "spell HB" set and that just puts in the 3rd stringer. Not a big deal because the game was in hand.

Fast forward to today, playing in my online dynasty as UNC on the road at Rutgers. I've had a lot of problems running the football in the first 2 games so far, so I decided to start Ryan Houston as he's better at breaking tackles and is more of a power back. It worked for me in the first half, Houston had 75 yards on 11 carries and broke a 26 yard touchdown run at the end of the first half to put me up 17-7. Start the second half, and once again, he's gone, and Shaun Draughn is in. Draughn actually has worse speed and is weaker than Houston and I had been struggling to run with him in the first 2 games of the year. I search the depth chart, Houston is still no. 1, and no where to be found on the injury report, yet I cannot put him into the game. This nearly cost me the win as it basically killed my offense. With an uneffective running game, they were able to blitz me all day, I only managed 3 points second half and barely hung on to win 20-14. If this starts happening to me every game, this could be a major issue. Has anyone else seen this happen and have any idea how to possibly resolve it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Starting RB Disappearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd417
So last night, decided to start a UGA dynasty offline in addition to the current online dynasty Im running with UNC. I play the opener Loiusiana-Lafayette, and by halftime I'm running away with it, up 38-0. Washaun Ealy has been huge for me, with something like 95 yards already. The 2nd half starts for some reason, Caleb King, the backup is in. This is fine as King is also pretty good, but I check the depth chart, Washaun is still there, check the injury report, he's not injured. So I try to sub him in using the "spell HB" set and that just puts in the 3rd stringer. Not a big deal because the game was in hand.

Fast forward to today, playing in my online dynasty as UNC on the road at Rutgers. I've had a lot of problems running the football in the first 2 games so far, so I decided to start Ryan Houston as he's better at breaking tackles and is more of a power back. It worked for me in the first half, Houston had 75 yards on 11 carries and broke a 26 yard touchdown run at the end of the first half to put me up 17-7. Start the second half, and once again, he's gone, and Shaun Draughn is in. Draughn actually has worse speed and is weaker than Houston and I had been struggling to run with him in the first 2 games of the year. I search the depth chart, Houston is still no. 1, and no where to be found on the injury report, yet I cannot put him into the game. This nearly cost me the win as it basically killed my offense. With an uneffective running game, they were able to blitz me all day, I only managed 3 points second half and barely hung on to win 20-14. If this starts happening to me every game, this could be a major issue. Has anyone else seen this happen and have any idea how to possibly resolve it?
Sounds to me like you have the Global Subs in.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Rookie

What are the Global Subs and how could I turn them off? Both cases if I remember correctly, I did adjust the depth chart to change the 2nd string back to 1st string, does this adjust the global substitutions? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I lucked out against Rutgers but with the schedule I have to play, having my offense bog down on me 2nd half because I can't run the ball effectively could cost me some games. Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd417
What are the Global Subs and how could I turn them off? Both cases if I remember correctly, I did adjust the depth chart to change the 2nd string back to 1st string, does this adjust the global substitutions?
No. GLobal subs you have to access through the pause menu. Then you select global subs and a box will pop up and ask you:

Sub in 2nd string Offense
Sub in 2nd string Defense
Sub in 2nd string Offense and Defense
Old 07-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Have you changed your auto subs at all? If so change the RB auto sub back to it's original setting and that should fix the problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Yea I had ramped up the RB sub out/in thing so that both would get some carries early on up to like 84/95. Would this make my starting RB disappear, like if his fatigue level never got back above 95 due to wear and tear from the first half? Then he wouldn't ever be able to come back in according to my settings, correct? If so, thats an easy fix, thanks for the help guys
Old 07-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Have you changed your auto subs at all? If so change the RB auto sub back to it's original setting and that should fix the problem
This. If you change your Auto Subs, then players will disappear for that game and won't come back, no matter what.
It's unfortunate, I know, but that's just how it is. Set your auto subs back to default and everything will be back to normal.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
This. If you change your Auto Subs, then players will disappear for that game and won't come back, no matter what.
It's unfortunate, I know, but that's just how it is. Set your auto subs back to default and everything will be back to normal.
So it is broken?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »