Home

EA Please Fix AI Ballcarrier Bug.

This is a discussion on EA Please Fix AI Ballcarrier Bug. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
EA Please Fix AI Ballcarrier Bug.

EA, you must fix the AI Ballcarrier Bug. There is something that is making the AI ballcarrier turn to the middle of the field when they have clear daylight in front or up the sidelines.

1. The AI ballcarrier making those turns to the middle of the field instead of running straight or up the sidelines. It's more pronounce at "Normal" speed.

i.e. I was having a game where my HB ran right up the middle and had 15 yards of clear daylight to the endzone. but instead he turn and ran from one Hash Mark to the other Hash Mark, and then turned up field and was tackled. If he would have just run straight it would have been a TD.

i.e. Another time my HB was running up the Hash marks again, and he had a blocker to his right and sideline on his left. Well, instead of turning left and up the sideline for a big gain, he turns right into my blocker and defender to be tackled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: EA Please Fix AI Ballcarrier Bug.

FWIW, I'm not seeing this when I play in 1-Button mode. In fact, if they could model the CPU offensive AI after what it looks like in 1-Button mode, then a lot of problems would be fixed with the rushing game.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

So true. It's really the only thing I don't like about the game. Even if they run the option and get outside the hash they will immediately turn up field and head inside the hashes. I've yet to see the CPU runner burn it to the sideline and turn upfield.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Anybody else have the CPU running backs randomly go to protect the ball when they have nothing but daylight in front of them? I've seen this quite often.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
Anybody else have the CPU running backs randomly go to protect the ball when they have nothing but daylight in front of them? I've seen this quite often.
Yeah I've seen this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
yup it happens everytime one breaks a big run on me.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

CPU Ball Carrier Vision is the problem you guys are seeing.....it's not a game play bug

It's a ratings problem....it clearly states the runners ability to see the open field for the rating

Created Tony Dorsett with 94 vision doesn't run towards the defenders

Created Air Force QB Dee Dowis with 90 Vision doesn't run back into the defenders

Created OJ Simpson with 99 Vision uses it to dodge defenders not run back into them

Created Herschal Walker again 90+ vision doesn't run outside towards the defenders he takes the opening lane to the endzone

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-24-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Heck, I prefer if the CPU went outside instead of turning up into the midfield. Everytime they do it's off to the races for a TD because I'm horrible 1 on 1.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »