Home

This is why I love NCAA

This is a discussion on This is why I love NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: This is why I love NCAA

I had a game that was exceptional, I'm in an online dynasty with a few friends, for the most part we all took pretty even teams. I took bama and he took ou. We've played alot outside of the dynasty and I've never ever beaten hi, not coming close ever, usually losing by at least 17.

I was 2-0 headed into this match-up, and decided to adopt the bsu pro style offense, and a 4-2-5 defense.

game starts he defers and I take the ball and ride mark ingram down the field for a score, no real issue. his first series 3 and out. man this is easy. I drive down the field stall inside the 10 and kick a field goal. 10-0 after 1 man I am going to cruise to victory. next kickoff he he has a 4th and 2 on my 49, goes for it and gets a touchown, 10-7, uh oh now we've got a game. all of a sudden I can't move the ball, ingram has been stalled. He ends up scoring 28 unanswered points to go up 28-10 I get the ball with 5 minutes left in the 4th and it's time to throw. and I engineer a quick td drive. ok 28-16, what's the point in kicking a field goal? I go for 2. Got it:fistpump: ok 28-18, if I can play some defense I may actually have a chance here. I need a stop. he takes the kickoff and starts marching again I'm feverishly watching the clock and jamming lb on every play EUREKA! demarco murray puts one on the ground bama recovers. oh 3:48 left I need a score here, ok. 5 wr four verticals. I need yards and I need them in a hurry, so I drive down and score he gets the ball on the kick off with 2:40 left ok down 3, if I can get a 3 and out I will have plenty of time. PAssing? oh now this is personal. he drives and drives and I cannot stop him, everything he's doing is perfect against everything I'm doing. first and goal from my 8, swing pass to murray LB YES!!! the ball is on the ground I recover again. OK, so I've got 3 times outs and 92 yards t go for the score. ok well here we go, time to earn your ranking bama. ok, get 25 on the first play ok now we're out of the shadow of our endzone. things get a little stalled around midfield, go for it on 4th and short, convert. I end up with a 4th and 2 from the 33, my kicker isn't good and I'm at an angle I have 11 seconds left, ok I have to go for it. run a middle curl with my inside slot wr. he catches it! and gets to the 22 with 7 seconds left. I throw one to the endzone, trying for the win. incomplete. field gal time, he doesn't ice my freshman kicker and as time in regulation expires it squeaks inside the post. OH MY GOD!!!! I just came back from 18 down in the 4th to tie it as regulation expires.

I take the ball first in overtime and call a sweep for ingram to the strong side, he shifts everyone to that side, somehow I get past the line and I'm one on one with his safety put a spin move on and cruise into the endzon HOLY SH*T! extra point is good, I've just scored 25 unanswered points and he takes over. Ok so he can get 2 firsts and then he has no more firsts, ok I can do this. Don't fail me again 4-2-5, first play he rolls landry out throws it right to hightower and he drops it, NOOOOOO!!!! god dammit. ok regroup next play. landry drops back looks to broyles covered and comes back to his slot wr, throws it and doesn't see phelon jones standing in front of him OH MY GOD JONES WITH THE GAME SAVING INT IN OVERTIME!!!!

number 1 alabama goes into ou's house and takes away a sure win.

on a side note, after that pick I shouted wooooooo into the mic and he got furious for me rubbing it in. he was understandably butthurt.

easily the best moment in videos I've ever had. I love this game.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Haha, I was just coming on because I just had the most amazing finish EVER!

My University of Saskatchewan (2* created) vs USC. They are heavy favorites. But as the 4th comes to a close, the score is 21-20, but they have the ball. I manage a stop, but there are 4 seconds left. So the punt comes, and I know my only hope is a TD on the punt return. Suddenly, my PR sees daylight. He hits the hole, but he's caught from the side.. arrg! And the game is over. But wait! It's a facemask penalty! And because the game can't end on a defensive penalty, I get one more play. And now, thanks to the 15 yards from the penalty, I just need a 48 yard FG. I think you've guessed, my kicker just barely puts it over the crossbar against the wind, and I win 23-21 with 00:00 on the clock. AMAZING!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

awesome endings:highfive:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great reads! Just awesome - thanks for sharing these!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »