Home

Game generated recruits not at right position

This is a discussion on Game generated recruits not at right position within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Game generated recruits not at right position

happens in real life i think the #1 tackle in this years draft class is the T out of colorado who came in a like a 2 star Te and they moved now he is amazing
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYankees42
when i had a punter as a recruiting need i was looking through the skills of the punters and found a punter with A- speed, B- acc, and C- throwing power and accuracy, the i turned him into a QB and he is in the high 70s now
lol I'll have to start looking through the punter/kicker skills from now on. I've never had to recruit a punter/kicker before, since my 1star QB who turned out to be an 80 overall kicker has locked down both kicking positions for me.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
happens in real life i think the #1 tackle in this years draft class is the T out of colorado who came in a like a 2 star Te and they moved now he is amazing
You're right, but there's a problem with the game when most of my RBs are guys who were recruited as WRs and most of my WRs are guys who were recruited as RBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #12
Rookie

sf.irish's Arena

OVR: 1

I've noticed in Madden and NCAA, moving a linebacker to the defensive line usually provides a jump in ratings.

What I'm wondering is, do they actually play appropriately to that new rating in games? Looks sort of weird on paper when you have a 220 lb player playing DT or DE.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFSSS
You're right, but there's a problem with the game when most of my RBs are guys who were recruited as WRs and most of my WRs are guys who were recruited as RBs.
I dont see this nearly as much with high level recruits. Which makes sense.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I think this is awesome. In real life, tons of players get moved once they get to college, especially guys that played QB in high school. It is probably unintentional, but this seems to be somewhat realistic.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
Rookie

sf.irish's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I think this is awesome. In real life, tons of players get moved once they get to college, especially guys that played QB in high school. It is probably unintentional, but this seems to be somewhat realistic.
True, but if what these guys are saying is accurate, it shouldn't be the majority of the time that a running back is rated better as a wr or vice versa.

It does happen a lot though- last year's Biletnikoff Award winner was a high school running back
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »