Home

Really hate the recruiting now

This is a discussion on Really hate the recruiting now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #41
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Really hate the recruiting now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Every week, I think 2 recruits on your board will have a random bonus, it could be a 2x point bonus, or a bonus that makes their pitches easier to sway, or the possibility of an instacommit. There might be others, but I'm not sure.
it's 3 recruits, and it's not every week for me. maybe every once in a while (like 4 times a season).
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #42
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
it's 3 recruits, and it's not every week for me. maybe every once in a while (like 4 times a season).
I just vaguely remember some kind of explanation from NCAA 10, so i have no idea what it actually is. I don't recall seeing a legitimate explanation from EA for this year, but It'd be nice to know the exact details, like if it's random every week or what.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #43
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I wish EA would let us understand how things work in the game =/ I too have no idea what the 2x instigation involves.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

If your having trouble with recruiting and you are a low prestige school, try to attack the 3* guys, i got the 15th recruiting class with 22 3* commits. My school was a 1 prestige.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #45
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
i have a question about filling your board.

i'm of the opinion, and let me know if i am wrong, that because the x2 really can be a game changer and because it's totally random who gets it, i only put on my board who i'm actually recruiting (well actually the first two weeks i put a few more on because i lose instant commits and fill in with whoever is left but by week 3 or 4 i'm down to 15).

reason being i don't want the x2 wasted on a guy just sitting on my board that i haven't really recruited yet?

does anyone agree with this or are you all board fillers?
I completely agree. The X2 bonus is HUGE! Ive gained over 900 points with a recruit. It seems to be 2 recruits get it, but it doesn't happen every week. I am only on the varsity level for recruiting so maybe that makes a difference.
I only keep 15 guys on my board. Try and get rid of guys that are either loosing interest or that you dont want to recruit anymore.

About halfway through the season I search the boards for players that have had zero offers and I go after these guys with the remaining time i have after signing some initial players. Sometimes you will find some nice 4*s that have not received an offer by week six or even later. Even if im not on their board, I will still go after them and have had some good committs doing so. About 1-2 guys a year I will lock up this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

No problems here either. I am Baylor and before my first game, I got 5 commitments (on All American) granted, all were 3* except one 2*, but that's how it should be. I have one
4* guy interested in me, the rest are 3* are lower.

Seems about right to me.

One thing in my online dynasty.. I am Miami and was going after a tackle UConn was going after. I was #1 and they were #2.

In one week I gained 850 points with 2X and he lost 520 points...LOL!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

where does one see the x2 bonus at???
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #48
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
I completely agree. The X2 bonus is HUGE! Ive gained over 900 points with a recruit. It seems to be 2 recruits get it, but it doesn't happen every week. I am only on the varsity level for recruiting so maybe that makes a difference.
I only keep 15 guys on my board. Try and get rid of guys that are either loosing interest or that you dont want to recruit anymore.

About halfway through the season I search the boards for players that have had zero offers and I go after these guys with the remaining time i have after signing some initial players. Sometimes you will find some nice 4*s that have not received an offer by week six or even later. Even if im not on their board, I will still go after them and have had some good committs doing so. About 1-2 guys a year I will lock up this way.
yeah also seeing what stage they are in during midseason. if a guy is down to his top 3 i usually back away. top8 or top5 and i might take a chance on him.
i had a 1,021 pt phone call once and enthusiastically pointed it out to my wife who couldn't have been less impressed.
Chicago White Sox

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »