Home

Really hate the recruiting now

This is a discussion on Really hate the recruiting now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
Rookie

jcraig33's Arena

OVR: 2
Really hate the recruiting now

I am using Varsity level recruiting, and it feels next to impossible to sign any players. And before the flame throwers start:
a) I've been playing NCAA since the PS1 days
b) No, I don't go after players "out of my schools range", I am targeting players who I am no lower than 6-8 or higher on their list
c) No, I'm not targeting players I don't need, I am graduating 3 OLB's and I'm losing OLB's left and right likes of Houston for crissakes
d) No, I don't have a low level team (Arizona State, 4 star prestige)
e) No, I am not loading up my board, I only target no more than 14 players at a time

It's unreal that you CAN NOT make up ground with any players. I'm spending an hour a week, and a school like Houston or BYU where I have a significant pitch advantage and it doesn't matter what I do I can't gain ground. Apparently it's time to try Freshman level recruiting.

Really frustrated with this game, I love the gameplay but the recruiting is a real pain and now with all jacked up problems that there appears to be with player progressions in later years in dynasty, it's pretty annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Really hate the recruiting now

Freshman, Varsity, All American, etc. I don't think there is a difference in recruiting besides how many times you can switch topics. You still get the same points and all.

Also, I am having no trouble with Miami. Two 5 Stars in 3 weeks along with a few 4 stars. It seems a little harder than previous years, but not hard enough IMO. I want something like Choops 2k8.

― Plato
Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5

There is no problems its just how you recruit. Im using 4-star Miami too and got top 5 in recruiting for four years now at All-American. Maybe you just need to change how you recruit there is no need to say it has problems because you cant get anybody.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaking332
There is no problems its just how you recruit. Im using 4-star Miami too and got top 5 in recruiting for four years now at All-American. Maybe you just need to change how you recruit there is no need to say it has problems because you cant get anybody.
Recruiting with a school like miami is way easier then a school like arizona
Old 07-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Maybe its who you're recruiting against? I had three straight bowl wins w/ Mizzou so i was landing better talent, at least it increased realistically with my program. I was still working for recruits, but able to land a few 4, maybe a 5 or two...know you're frustrated man, but maybe its your approach, most of the complaints are the ratings of the players coming in, not getting them.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherFan
Recruiting with a school like miami is way easier then a school like arizona
Thats how it is in real life too. Miami has a better class than Arizona the majority of the time in a bad year for them. Florida puts out more talent alone than all of the pipeline states combined from Arizona.

― Plato
Old 07-26-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I recruited on varsity my first season with Michigan State and ended up with the #6 class (and they are only a 3* school).

I don't understand why you are having problems, because I thought it was too easy.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Arizona State needs to look for future MLBers that want to play WR or something during the baseball offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »