Home

QB Sim Stats: Only AWR Matters

This is a discussion on QB Sim Stats: Only AWR Matters within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #57
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: QB Sim Stats: Only AWR Matters

Everyone understands what you're saying, but I doubt anyone here wants so sim 10+ seasons, to further investigate what is pretty much a done deal.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
You've put a 99 THA, sub80 AWR in the spot of a player with much lower THA and 81+ AWR, given him the same surrounding players, and come up with the exact statistics?

Your experiment has no control. You're talking about different players on different teams with different teammates against different schedules against different defenses.

No they were on my team, I thought I made that clear. I simmed a season with both. The player that was inferior in every aspect except awareness, easily outperformed the far more talented player.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
This is 1 season for 2 players.

Again, I'm not saying that the 81AWR/60%comp is NOT true, and I'm not saying that if it's true it's not a problem.

What I'm saying is this... instead of just sitting on "This is this and that's how it is," if you really want to explore this problem and really want EA to look into it... get a massive sample size. Sim the first 10 seasons... 10 times. And post THP/THA/AWR/Comp%/Yards/TDs/INTs per season per player.

And then, experiment with the same QB on the same roster with adjusted THP/THA/AWR ratings.

Turn Greg McElroy into 99THP/99THA/99AWR and sim a season and do it 10+ times, record all the result (control group)
Then repeat with 99THP/99THA/70AWR for the same number of seasons, record all results.
Then repeat with 99THP/70THA/99AWR, same number of seasons, record all results.
Then again with 70THP/99THA/99AWR, same number of season, record all results.
Then again with 70THP/70THA/70AWR, etc. etc.

And make sure you do it with the same player on the same team against the same schedule every time so that the only, and I mean ABSOLUTELY ONLY difference between all those trials is the adjustment you made to ONE skill category for the quarterback.

If after doing this trial, his stats only significantly change when awareness changes, then you can continue testing tweaking just the AWR to try finding the threshold, and narrow down specify where exactly the problem is...

Do you guys get what I'm saying? I'm not saying that there isn't a problem. I'm saying there probably is a problem, but there are too many people claiming there are problems and not enough people willing to do the research to really prove that their problem really is a problem.

Actually it's EA who should be doing that, if they had even halfway intelligent QA. We wouldn't be sitting here bitching about this...
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #60
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDoug420
Actually it's EA who should be doing that, if they had even halfway intelligent QA. We wouldn't be sitting here bitching about this...
This is the only statement everybody here can agree with. But since EA demands they pump out a game every calender year, we will never get a great game. We just won't. Look at the best games you've played in your life - I'd bet everything that every single one of them took more than 1 year to make.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #61
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

until somebody actually disproves this im going to take him at his word.

heres my season with EMU where i did play all the games
over 60% completion (the = sign is for quarterbacks at over 81 awareness)
keenum =
ponder =
dobbs =
pryor =
moore =
locker =
nesbitt =
wynn =
johnson =
dalton =
colburn =
mallett =
mcelroy =
kaepernick =
tolzien =
jones =
gabbert =
harris (has 80 awareness so hardly a stretch)

over 81 awareness but did not complete 60%. they do however follow all the other qb's with savage and harris being the only qb's without 81 awareness falling in the general neighborhood.

luck 58%
potts 59%

Savage has 56% with 78 awareness and is next in line after all the previously listed quarterbacks

masoli didnt play but has high awareness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #62
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

One more quick test. Maybe I should change my theory, but anyway, AWR matters the most--by far.

NameTeamTHPTHAAWRQB RatingComp%TDINT
QBFlorida99994095.642%1914
QBArkansas999970109.647%2214
QBBama999979114.548%2810
QBMizzou999981156.066%325
QBStanford25208195.648%1322
QBBoise252599114.548%28

Those bottom two guys will NEVER see the field in a dynasty so I'm not really concerned with their numbers. The 4 guys with 99 THP/99 THA tell the whole story.

The Boise QB was able to throw 28 TD and 10 INT with 25 THP and 25 THA.

Edit: Actually just noticed that the Bama and Boise QBs put up the Exact same numbers:

Bama 99 THP, 99 THA, 79 AWR
Boise 25 THP, 25 THA, 99 AWR

Does 20 points of AWR really mean that much?

Last edited by Palo20; 07-27-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #63
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2

Great thread, Palo, you're doing EA's work for them. I hope this can be corrected.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #64
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20

Edit: Actually just noticed that the Bama and Boise QBs put up the Exact same numbers:

Bama 99 THP, 99 THA, 79 AWR
Boise 25 THP, 25 THA, 99 AWR

Does 20 points of AWR really mean that much?
Apparently so. Way to go EA with the sim engine

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »