Home

I Know Everyone Has Issues With the Pass Rush In This Game But....

This is a discussion on I Know Everyone Has Issues With the Pass Rush In This Game But.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: I Know Everyone Has Issues With the Pass Rush In This Game But....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
There is a flaw in the original post. I mean, besides what someone already pointed out, in that the DE in question is not the only player on that team getting sacks.

It would be best to take a sample of TEAMS and find their TEAM sack total for the season and find the percentage of sacks the team got on passing plays.
I could do that too but what I was tryong to accomplish I believe I have. Some people (including me) think that based off of overall ratings that their elite DE or DT should be getting consistent pressure all the time during a one game scenario. But based off of real worlds stats it is just not true. Now, while Im playing on Heisman I can adjust the sliders in the favor of better pass blocking for me to have a true realistic pass rush.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: I Know Everyone Has Issues With the Pass Rush In This Game But...

Your title is not true. Not everyone. I haven't had issues at all since having the game ,once I adjusted game settings.

It just seems like everyone because those that don't are playing and don't really need to post "Pass rush is working" threads

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: I Know Everyone Has Issues With the Pass Rush In This Game But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Your title is not true. Not everyone. I haven't had issues at all since having the game ,once I adjusted game settings.

It just seems like everyone because those that don't are playing and don't really need to post "Pass rush is working" threads
I apologize lol... I should have said "some people".... (including me)

Last edited by kzdwfy; 07-26-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #20
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
Senator Palmer

are you using sliders or playing with default?

When I first played the game out of the box seemed I did
better than I am using a slider set.

Might just go back to default but curious just the same.
I'm playing on default, right out of the box. The only changes I've made is to the quarter length and roster names. Maybe it's just me, but I'm loving the game on default. There's a definite learning curve and you have to play a chess match the whole game, but I'm getting great competition, and realistic numbers. I feel like I've got command of every aspect of what I'm doing. Right now, I'm trying to work on my pocket presence and stepping up and finding passing lanes and I'll be good.

I'm not saying the game is perfect with the batted ball and such. But I feel like any problem I'm having I feel that with my "gameplan" and "defensive keys", I can find the formula to fix it.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

I play with a team that runs a "multiple defense" and I think the amount of pressure I'm getting is realistic. I just finished up year 1 of my dynasty and am about to face Iowa in the Capitol One Bowl. I recorded 30 sacks as a team this season. I have a Sophomore DE who was tied for the team lead with my All-American DT with 8 sacks a piece. I had two linebackers with 5 each and a my SS had 2. I feel like that's pretty realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

I have ZERO issues with the pass rush on both sides. I even tweaked an already great slider set so that my pass rush was weaker...lol (stopped using Defensive gamplanning altogether as well, its cheap). Before i restarted my dynasty, the RE at CINN had 14 through 6 games and their DT had 13....Was getting 2-3 every game with those guys.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #23
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, I have issues with balance lol
Played a year of dynasty with Mizzou on default AA.. Got 13 sacks from DT Hamilton and 10 from the LE Smith.. and then 3 from Aldon Smith.. lol
Old 07-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 20

Using Playmakers sliders I have pass rush at 100 for both the User and CPU. Couldn't imagine going back to default, still seemed way to weak on it for both sides when I was on AA. The number of sacks wasn't the issue on default, it was the number of plays where me or the CPU had an absurd amount of time in the pocket.

100 is great though, very realistic time on average to throw.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »