Home

Getting into a better conference?

This is a discussion on Getting into a better conference? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #9
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Getting into a better conference?

the big thing is probably your programs star rating. Rice starts out as a one-star program, right? So after two years, you're probably up to 3 stars, since I think you can only gain one star a year. At 3 stars, it's still a bit hard to get into a power conference. Given you have a good season and meet all your coaching goals, you'll be at four stars, making it a lot easier to get into power conferences. So don't be surprised if you get an invite after another year or two.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
One thing you don't mention is who your OOC games are against? Are you scheduling weak teams? Pick teams from the conference you want to go to... Baylor... Oklahoma State... Texas A&M and maybe a powerhouse like Texas or Oklahoma or Nebraska... if the Big XII is where you want to go.

If you want to be in the SEC do the same there... Ole Miss... Vandy... maybe LSU and Auburn... something like that... win those OOC games and continue to dominate your C-USA and you'll get invited.

I've taken Hawaii to the Pac 10 and Florida Atlantic to the MAC and then the ACC by doing what I described above.
Has this been confirmed by anyone from EA? In NCAA 2010 I tried forever to get Marshall into the Big 10 and could only get invites from the Big East and the ACC. I scheduled all possible OOC game with Big 10 teams and couldn't get there. Maybe I was just unlucky.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
The first year I didn't mess with my schedule, so my OoC games were against pretty easy teams, but the second year I scheduled #12 TCU, #9 Washington, and #8 Florida. This year I've got #1 Alabama, #2 Penn State, #3 Oklahoma and #4 Georgia as my OoC games. I've been scheduling my OoC games based on the top 25 rankings of the teams, not the conference they're in.
And of course, as soon as I decide to pick the top 4 ranked teams as my OoC games, they all suck. Alabama is the only one left in the top 10 (sitting at #7, dropped to #12 after I beat them). OU lost lost to Texas and is down to #22, and Penn State and Georgia aren't even ranked anymore. Somehow Michigan is #1, Ohio State #2, Texas #3, and I'm sitting at #6 at week 10 with an 8-0 record (5-0 in C-USA).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 02:15 AM   #12
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
And of course, as soon as I decide to pick the top 4 ranked teams as my OoC games, they all suck. Alabama is the only one left in the top 10 (sitting at #7, dropped to #12 after I beat them). OU lost lost to Texas and is down to #22, and Penn State and Georgia aren't even ranked anymore. Somehow Michigan is #1, Ohio State #2, Texas #3, and I'm sitting at #6 at week 10 with an 8-0 record (5-0 in C-USA).
Well, hang in there. One thing you can say, at least you're getting some realistic results. The way you are scheduling your games is great. I've gone that route myself. In time you will get there.

And for the post prior to yours, no, it hasn't been confirmed by anyone because I was just sharing what has happened with me. So, yes, it has been confirmed... by ME! =)

Edit: It just occurred to me to ask this really stupid question... but Dianwei... you are playing OFF-Line in dynasty, yes? Cause if it's On-Line you will never get the invite as those aren't in On-Line...

Last edited by Dr Death; 07-27-2010 at 02:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »