Home

Dynasty Musings: NCAA 11 Dynasty Review

This is a discussion on Dynasty Musings: NCAA 11 Dynasty Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Dynasty Musings: NCAA 11 Dynasty Review

Overall, Dynasty mode has definitely improved, but I still feel like EA Sports is only scratching the surface of the mode's potential. The presentation is much better, recruiting is improved, but there’s still some things that leave me scratching my head. If you are the type of player that will play out every game in your dynasty, you will have a great time playing your dynasty. If you are more of a simulation buff, you will find yourself pulling out your hair and putting a new game into your system. Full review after the jump.

Read More - Dynasty Musings: NCAA 11 Dynasty Review
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
I like the offseason and difficulty in recruiting, but when 4 star recruits come in with 39 AWR and a 63 OVR, it ruins the game. After 4 years of simulation there are hardly any star players around. Run it 5 or 6 years down the line. You will see that the kickers are terrible, the receivers and backs could not juke out someones grandma, and the quarterbacks are sub par. I really hope they address this with a patch, because they put in some nice work on it, but if they don't, this game just does not work or play well in dynasty mode.

I love the game overall, and I really only play Dynasty mode, so a patch or workaround would go a long way to make a good product great.

Last edited by jethrotull; 07-26-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I agree about the Soft Commit; there needs to be an opportunity for another team to swoop in and steal that recruit. As it stands now, a Soft Commit is basically the same as a Hard Commit, just that you have to spend another week or two talking with the player before he officially decides where he is going.

I do like that there is adjustable difficulty for recruiting. It was much-needed. I'm on All-American and feel that's a good level for me, as I don't like to spend hours pouring over recruits, but do enjoy the recruiting process. You don't get all the players you want like you used to in the past, and with the 10-hour limit, you really have to pick your spots in terms of what players you will target.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Dynasty Musings: NCAA 11 Dynasty Review

Hmmm, supplemental review to the original...cya tactics?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

recruiting has its issues, but it is enjoyable. I ONLY go as far as year 4-5....Then restart with another team...Why? A few reasons...1- really dont care to spend too much time with a team as i get ADD 2- issues in recruiting and CPU roster management (9 QBs but only 2 HBs and 6 LBs and no depth at OL?) kill alot of teams....Simmed to year 6 and 17 Teams had 7 or more QBs(Tulsa and ECU had 12!!!) and bare minimum at many skill positions...(WR/RB/OL/LB).

But in my way of doing a dynasty, the CPU roster issues and progression doesnt become and issue. However, it does prevent me from controlling a low prestige team and building them....Progression makes it annoying, not challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1
One issue with your review. You CAN steal soft commits. I have been playing two random dynasties over the past week or two, and so far in week 13 of season 1, and between the two combined, I have stolen 3 soft commits, going from them being soft commits to another program, to soft committing to me, to hard committing to me in a three week swing.

So it is possible, and pretty easy, to steal soft commits. However if you're trailing the team the guy has soft committed to by a couple hundred points, obviously you don't have a chance in hell. But if you're like 1 point behind or 50 points behind or something, you have a great chance of stealing the guy and have him switch soft commits to you.

And we'll agree to disagree on the recruit ratings comment. Personally I think it is a stupid idea. If I'm recruiting a player for my dynasty, I want that "will he end up being a great player or am I spending my time going after a black sheep?" If I am able to sit there looking at every rating after a "couple weeks of scouting", then what's the point. I'd rather sit there for half an hour comparing rating grades and deciding if I want DE A or DE B to be the potential future star of my defense and wondering if I have gone after the right one or gone after one who will end up a bust and have a sub-par career.

If you really want actual numbers instead of grades when it comes to recruits ratings, tell EA to make it a "Time-Saver". Otherwise, keep it the heck out of my dynasties!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I agree about the Soft Commit; there needs to be an opportunity for another team to swoop in and steal that recruit. As it stands now, a Soft Commit is basically the same as a Hard Commit, just that you have to spend another week or two talking with the player before he officially decides where he is going.
I've flipped players that were soft-committed to other schools. I haven't had the CPU do it to me and I don't know if it's possible, but the soft commit does seem to mean something different than the hard one.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Smooth Pancakes - You're right in the context of the game. I should have been more specific. I'm talking about a guy that "hard" commits very early and then will not speak to another coach for the duration that he remains a recruit and not on that team's roster. I understand that a "soft" commit in the game doesn't really mean anything except for the fact that he is extremely close to becoming a "hard" commit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »