Home

I Love How Progression Is Done

This is a discussion on I Love How Progression Is Done within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #57
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I Love How Progression Is Done

Here is how progression should work.

Let's call it the 3 P's of Progression:

1. Productivity
2. Playing Time
3. Prestige

If a player has high productivity and playing time but players for a lower tier school, he should still progress. If a guy gets minimal playing time and is marginally productive, but plays for a prestigious school, he should get a slight bump, but not enough to make him a pre-season all american the next year without ever being a full time starter.

In real life, having a ton of returning starters back on a team is a great indicator of how the team will do. Why did everyone have Florida #1 last year to start? They had a ton of returning starters on defense and a good chunk of them back on offense. They are productive enough to start and get enough playing time to get better, they should progress.

The prestige factor should be a small thing to make sure a guy from Eastern Michigan doesn't beast for a season and be rated 90+.

This way, you can get consistently better players and the players you have get better.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #58
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord
Second, HBs will get a toss, come to a COMPLETE stop, wait a second, and then run forward.
this happens even on default rosters. Jaquizz Rodgers of Oregon State did it when I played them.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #59
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
I have a WR with 33 elusiveness.

When I picture a guy out in the slot with 33 elusiveness, I picture a guy in a coma strapped to a gurney getting pushed through a hospital on the way to surgery.

I had a 4 star tackle who was the #7 tackle in the country come in with 73 strength. 73! That's awful. It's immediately the worst on my team.

Stuff like that need to be fixed. Awareness too. Awareness means different things for different positions though.
33 Elusiveness is poor, but maybe hes just a straight line runner. #7 tackle in the country...well it looks like he was a bust! These are things that happen in real life!

Every player that you recruit isn't going to have the ratings you desire. I'm sure you're getting the same feeling that coaches in college football go through. "I thought this guy was stronger, he was a top 10 guy at his position"

I know people have plenty examples of messed up ratings which can be concerning if its out of control...but im not noticing it, or it doesn't bother me as much.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #60

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Busts happen all across America at a pretty absurd rate that many would be surprised about. We only hear about the success stories.

I can look past this.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
We just need to start thinking that 80 is the new 90's and so on. The EA rosters were just rated way too high. Reminds me of college hoops 2k8....You would never see a player rated over a 96. Most of the highest rated players in the game were in the 88-93 range. A 99 rated player is near perfect and would make him the greatest player to have ever lived. If you think about it, this way is more realistic.

The low WR juke and elusivness ratings do need fixed though.
so than 99 is the new what? 3000? comon man.80 isnt the new 90 be real. Look at your 80 rated player and compare each stat to a 90 rated guy in NCAA 10 and tell me they're the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
33 Elusiveness is poor, but maybe hes just a straight line runner. #7 tackle in the country...well it looks like he was a bust! These are things that happen in real life!

Every player that you recruit isn't going to have the ratings you desire. I'm sure you're getting the same feeling that coaches in college football go through. "I thought this guy was stronger, he was a top 10 guy at his position"

I know people have plenty examples of messed up ratings which can be concerning if its out of control...but im not noticing it, or it doesn't bother me as much.
80% of the Wr's have elusiveness ratings in the 30's come year six...Not noticing it? Just take a look at the depth charts and you see that it is absolutely out of control. No Wr's are elusive. None. The highest you will find might be in the 70's. Deshawn Jackson type players don't exists anymore. No Wr's should have an elusive rating equal to a DT...but they do.

I mean sure you can plead ignorance and have a good ol time, but in reality it is out of control.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #63
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I think your average recruit should come in with a rating of 50-60 with your Adrian Peterson's, Harvin's and Tebow's come in at 80-85. Players overall should be rated from the 40's with the superstars starting at 80+.

My biggest issue with freshman in the game isn't the recruits having low awareness, it's the fact that the awareness doesn't increase more than it does.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
We just need to start thinking that 80 is the new 90's and so on. The EA rosters were just rated way too high. Reminds me of college hoops 2k8....You would never see a player rated over a 96. Most of the highest rated players in the game were in the 88-93 range. A 99 rated player is near perfect and would make him the greatest player to have ever lived. If you think about it, this way is more realistic.

The low WR juke and elusivness ratings do need fixed though.
The problem is, the sim engine doesn't think that way. And that is the real difference.

If the sim engine took into account how much the talent levels were deflating, and adjusted accordingly, then there would be no issue. But that isn't the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »