Home

Best way to steal a soft-commited recruit?

This is a discussion on Best way to steal a soft-commited recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Best way to steal a soft-commited recruit?

Is there a way to steal a recruit who is soft-commited to another school? I did it once, but I have no idea how. I'm in year 3 of my dynasty and and finally starting to attract some big name talent, but it's all being stolen by other big schools. I'm in week 10 and so far I've had 5 recruits that had full interest bars, but another school would fill up their interest bar and somehow get ahead of me and get the recruit to commit.

I talk to all the guys who are being heavily recruited by another school for 60 minutes a week, and compare schools on any subject that I am better than their #1 school (or #2 if I'm #1) once their interest bar is full, but I can never overtake the school ahead of me despite only being 1 point behind them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Best way to steal a soft-commited recruit?

You need to be lucky as well as diligent. Getting a X2 call during the week that you have them visit, and then getting an "A+" on that visit will give you a decent chance of changing the recruits mind.

The other school getting a hard commit from another player who plays the same position as the one you're targeting will up your chances as well.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

The only way ive done it is to be lucky enough to have scheduled a visit right after the player soft commits.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:57 AM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Keep throwing an hour at him if you really want him. I stole a guy from one of the guys in my online dynasty after three weeks of being a soft commit just by comparing in the spots his school was weaker. Eventually i advanced the week and saw he decided to sign with me, wasn't even a visit or anything that week.

You just have to hope you are stronger than the other school in the pitches at are important to the recruit. usually when I steal a guy it is because I am an A and the other school is around a C in those areas.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

start throwing salt on the other team. Try to take away at least 100 pts per call it will stall the commit for a second giving you a chance to catch up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #6
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah I hate that. I play as Indiana, so I don't really have any good pitches in the first place. But somehow, I talked a 5* recruit from Indiana from N/A to #2... I was behind Tennessee by like 380 points nearing the end. I ended up putting together the greatest string of phone calls I possibly could (about 415 pts apiece). I got it all the way down to a 20 point difference and he soft commits to Tennessee and no matter what i do I can't overtake them
Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

You just have to stay persistent. I don't think there is some magical formula on how to get it done. My 3-star starting QB in my dynasty originally soft committed to Colorado in about week 9. I just kept going after him every week with the full 6 topics and eventually in the off-season he signed with me after a week 1 off-season visit.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
Yeah I hate that. I play as Indiana, so I don't really have any good pitches in the first place. But somehow, I talked a 5* recruit from Indiana from N/A to #2... I was behind Tennessee by like 380 points nearing the end. I ended up putting together the greatest string of phone calls I possibly could (about 415 pts apiece). I got it all the way down to a 20 point difference and he soft commits to Tennessee and no matter what i do I can't overtake them
Yeah the closest you will ever get on the meter thing if a player is soft-committed is -1. If you get him, he'll just commit to you. You won't see your team suddenly be at the top of his list.

The goal is to stay at -1 and hope for the best once he is ready to sign.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »