Home

Why Can't We Choose Weather Yet?

This is a discussion on Why Can't We Choose Weather Yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Why Can't We Choose Weather Yet?

Why can you still not pick your own lighting, temperature, and weather for offline dynasty games?

How hard could that be? Let us paint the picture of the game in our minds for ourselves and then let us choose the weather and stadium effects to match it. It would be a little thing that would really help keep dynasty games fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Why Can't We Choose Weather Yet?

When I questioned Adam about this he basically laughed in my face like it was the stupidest idea he'd ever heard.

Apparently EA doesn't think the gamer should be able to choose game-time, weather, etc. I mean, 'cause presumably that would be ridiculous.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 07-27-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

I don't think you should be able to change it, that's what Play Now mode is for. Head coaches and players can't change the weather IRL (though I bet some of them wish they could) so it doesn't make much sense that we should have control over the weather in the season either.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I don't think you should be able to change it, that's what Play Now mode is for. Head coaches and players can't change the weather IRL (though I bet some of them wish they could) so it doesn't make much sense that we should have control over the weather in the season either.
I don't disrespect the basic principle here; at the same time, if the question is "Should sports gamers be allowed to choose weather and gametime for their franchise/dynasty games?" I don't really understand why or how a sports gamer would answer "No."

It's more of a "who effin' cares?" kinda question in the first place, if you ask me - and those types of questions should always favor the gamer, imo.

If you want EA to determine what your game-time and weather is for the game, cool. If you don't, I don't see why it's a problem for the gamer to choose for him/herself.

I mean let's be honest, is something I'm saying off-base here? Why or how does EA give a flying you-know-what if we're playing in 8 rain games a year versus 12 sunny games per year?

Honestly, it's laughable.

If the answer to a question is "WHO CARES!!" then the option should favor the gamer.

/thread

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 07-27-2010 at 02:48 AM. Reason: grammar and whatnot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »