Home

I love this game more now.

This is a discussion on I love this game more now. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
I love this game more now.

I just played the madden demo and it made me gain even more love for NCAA football and the gameplay. The only thing madden has on NCAA is better presentation with the sidelines and stat overlays. Other than that NCAA is far superior come gameplay and graphics.

NCAA is absolutely amazing in graphics. Players are proportioned, look like actual football players, and their heads aren't way too big. Thank goodness the NCAA people got the players and gameplay right. I don't think I will even bother with madden now because of how great NCAA is.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: I love this game more now.

I love ncaa football 11 because the gameplay is off the hook. I can actually play any team on ncaa football 11 with my hawkeyes and not have to worry about some one out running everyone on the field. Which is a plus because iowa is a good team on defense and has a pretty good offense. The graphics are nice, the players move very realistic and the locomotion is one of the things ea sports should of had in it's game years ago. But I am glad it is there. If anyone wants to chat with me up on here or on xbox live gt knighthawksfan

nfl- cardinals
mlb- Tampa Bay Rays
ncaafb- Arizona State Sun Devils
nhl- Arizona Coyotes
MLL- Rochester Rattlers

NBA- Washington Wizards
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds strange but I really wish Madden and NCAA were exactly the same gameplay wise on the field. I like pro and college football and I like moving players/years from NCAA to NFL.

The difference in gameplay is a bit of a shock sometimes. Obviously the sport has different elements going from college to pro but I dont think there is any reason to change how the people look or the way players move or passing structure etc. It would make so much more sense to have the base of the on field gameplay for both and then tweak and tune from there to give them their own feel.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicesharks
Sounds strange but I really wish Madden and NCAA were exactly the same gameplay wise on the field. I like pro and college football and I like moving players/years from NCAA to NFL.

The difference in gameplay is a bit of a shock sometimes. Obviously the sport has different elements going from college to pro but I dont think there is any reason to change how the people look or the way players move or passing structure etc. It would make so much more sense to have the base of the on field gameplay for both and then tweak and tune from there to give them their own feel.
I don't understand why the players look so different in the two games. I really enjoy football, in fact I love it. I wish the video games transitioned seemlessly into each other but they dont. I mean a combination of the gameplay of NCAA, graphics of NCAA, and presentation of madden would be perfect. I really was hoping it would be similar this year and I guess I was expecting too much. Weird because I enjoyed the gameplay of last years madden to last years NCAA.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

i wont buy madden this year. i really didnt like it last year and this NCAA rocks my socks!
2010: #9 Iowa 3-0
Last: W 24-17 v #25 FSU (Human)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I just played the madden demo and it made me gain even more love for NCAA football and the gameplay. The only thing madden has on NCAA is better presentation with the sidelines and stat overlays. Other than that NCAA is far superior come gameplay and graphics.

NCAA is absolutely amazing in graphics. Players are proportioned, look like actual football players, and their heads aren't way too big. Thank goodness the NCAA people got the players and gameplay right. I don't think I will even bother with madden now because of how great NCAA is.
Don't have the demo yet (PS3), but just reading the impressions, doesn't sound like I'll be missing anything by skipping Madden this year.

Hate to sound like a broken record here, but this is my first time ever getting NCAA instead of Madden.

Loving everything about it so far. As I stated in another thread, this game is so good that the lack of a halftime show doesn't even phase me.

Just a great job by the NCAA crew!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm just hoping to find a roster update for Madden 10. I have no need to buy another $60 football game, I'll just keep Madden 10 and play that whenever I need an NFL fix.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I just played the Madden demo. It's better than last year's Madden as you can definitely notice the difference with the new locomotion engine and I'm loving gameflow. The graphics have definitely been upgraded - not sure if on par with NCAA though.

This is definitely going to be the best year for 360/PS3 football.

The only reason I won't get Madden is that I'm just not feelin' the NFL anymore. It's boring compared to College FB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »