Home

College football players DO NOT HAVE HIGH AWARENESS!

This is a discussion on College football players DO NOT HAVE HIGH AWARENESS! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: College football players DO NOT HAVE HIGH AWARENESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
They still miss kicks with that all the way up. Then you face a team with a good kicker and he nails 60 yarders. The good kickers are few and far between though.
Exactly. While you CAN scout the other teams depth chart and adjust the sliders for each game, you should not HAVE to do that. And even at max, people still miss all the time.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicesharks
Exactly. While you CAN scout the other teams depth chart and adjust the sliders for each game, you should not HAVE to do that. And even at max, people still miss all the time.
Exactly. We shouldn't have to adjust kicking sliders week by week. Especially when some of the 1* qb or other position recruits make better kickers than the actual kicker recruits.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicesharks
The biggest and easiest to see is in the kicking game. Get a few seasons in and people will be missing PATs left and right. It gets to the point to where you pray the other team makes theirs because if they dont, it feels like youre cheating in some way.

As far as gameplay down the line, it gets worse. If you are using a 5-6 star team, you may not see a big difference but if youre using a low or mid school, its big. If you can get 4 and 5 star guys easily, they wont be as good as the ones you used to have but they will still be "good enough". If you are clawing tooth and nail to get 3 star recruits which are coming in in the 50s ORV, you will have problems.

Starting a 1-2 star with bad players in the 60s is one thing but then a few seasons later when you have actually WON with that team, moved your school forward and recruited seemingly average/better than average players for them to only end up slightly WORSE after a couple of years training is just not realistic.

I started a user created team dynasty with a cupcake created school. We played the option. I had so-so seasons 1-2 with barely winning record but managed to up my rating and sign more than 10 3 stars - mostly O line since thats pretty big. A couple of season later, those 3 star that I got and have been riding the bench "learning and training" are worse than the guys I started with and the can not hold a block if their life depended on it. The line instantly collapses and I can not even get off a pitch or gain a yard with the FB.

The guys are just coming in too low rated and/or are not progressing enough for the game to maintain realism or a sense of accomplishment. With the team above, I will never be able to even get back to my first season level unless I become a powerhouse and recruits 4-5 star guys.

The way the game is set up, you are actually regressing even if everything else points to you progressing.
Now I can agree with what you are saying about progression overall. It is clear that the progression is a bit stilted and could use a bit of a shot in the arm. (maybe EA is trying to force us into buying max progression) So maybe overall progression is improved by a bump in awareness. But it still seems to be something relegated to small schools and low end players which to me makes perfect sense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Why wouldn't college players have high awareness for THEIR LEVEL OF FOOTBALL. You are scaling NCAA's awareness with madden or something and that is WRONG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »