Home

NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

This is a discussion on NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

You'll love this.

I just simmed to season 7.

My field goal kicker's stats
Extra Points: 3-34
Field Goals: 2-3

WTH?

Anyone who says this progression is not a deal breaker has not simmed or played into the future yet. As a poster on another thread said (sic) "Why should a 92 FS stand there and let a Tight End run by him because his awareness sucks?"

PLEASE FIX EA!!! ASAP
Old 07-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I'm still convinced you haven't played a single game past year 4 in dynasty. All i here is you saying there is no proof.... Play the game for your proof, we are not hiding anything from nor are we lying about this to you sir. You give me proof that this isn't a problem how about that.
I totally agree. Dig your head out of the sand. I am in year 7 and the CPU QBs are MR because of the low awareness. Defense plays awful, etc...
Old 07-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
I'm glad that a front page story is highlighting the glaring problems with Dynasty mode, but I'd be happier with just a patch to fix this problem, rather than a new mode........ but that's just me
No, it's not just you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25

I feel the frustration, but for myself...I never go further than yr 4 or 5 anyway.

But it should be addressed.

I play on VARSITY recruiting and i have seen ALOT of recruits come in with great stats in AWR etc(for both me and the CPU). Dont know if that has anything to do with it. But i am only in yr 2.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #37
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I posted this as a comment to the blog, but it's not showing up in the forum so forgive me for crossposting.

I'm confused. Player ratings are not where they should be and that makes the mode "stale"? I think you're trying to prove a point about apples by talking about oranges.

If you are going to make an argument about a game being stale, you need to address the actual mechanics of the game and how tired they may be. For example, the core football gameplay (where the most time is spent), which most everyone has thoroughly lauded, or recruiting interface, which EA changed this year, and I think for the better. Or the Dynasty Wire in Online Dynasty, which is a very underrated addition.

You may have a point about something, and I want coaches to matter more as much as the next guy, but I don't think this article effectively argues that NCAA is "stale."
Old 07-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpot1
I was playing a offline dynasty with Western Michigan and immensly enjoying the game. Its actually a challenge to go undefeated and land good recruits unlike last year when i went to national championship with them first yr and every other and landed nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits with a 1 star school. I heard about progression issues so i made another dynasty and simmed it 25 years. Its horrible. there is one b- school 7 c schools and 112 d- teams. Fcs teams are having better winning records than almost every team out there and the rosters are crazy. Most teams have players playing out of position at every spot. 1 star rated usc has 3 qbs as running backs and all of there cb's and mlb's are de's. Not sure how people can say its not broke. sure the team you are using will still be ok with the recruits you pull in but will u have any competition when everyone else is getting stomped by fcs teams. there are tons of bugs in this game and while some arent game Breaking some need some quick attention and atleast a acknowledgement that they are working on a patch
That sucks....Guess they dont test dynasty that far in. Good thing i usually never go past yr 4 or 5.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #39
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I feel the frustration, but for myself...I never go further than yr 4 or 5 anyway.

But it should be addressed.

I play on VARSITY recruiting and i have seen ALOT of recruits come in with great stats in AWR etc(for both me and the CPU). Dont know if that has anything to do with it. But i am only in yr 2.
Nethier do I. It must be hell on the Madden team trying to get import classes right when players ratings drop this much.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I see another one of these threads and I am going to just quit coming to the NCAA forum. Matter of fact, hell i am done with this forum. It is STUPID here!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »