Home

Any idea at all as to when patch #2 will be here?

This is a discussion on Any idea at all as to when patch #2 will be here? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
Banned

Dax(FlowLyfe)'s Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Any idea at all as to when patch #2 will be here?

I got my own list of issues.

- Isn't lighting supposed to be progressive, not just change every quarter (like what OP said)

- Dynasty player progression

- Playaction Rollout Screen play is broken

- Flipping Draw plays doesnt work, it will always be the original play direction when you get to the line of scrimmage (I dno if its only for 1 back offense or not though)

- Hopefully an AI fix because it automatically knows the play you just called, and whatever you audible to. I have a pass play, the safety's are deep, then i audible to a run, they move down into the box, then i audible back to a pass and they move deep again. Thats annoying.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

If they patch the uniforms NOT getting dirty (or have the effect enhanced) i would be EXTREMELY happy.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Make it so I can see outside receivers
this is frustrating as hell. good catch. i forgot that one.
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Well, maybe soon: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1441062.page

I don't want to get my hopes up too far but this is possibly good news, especially for those of us going crazy about the progression problems. The only thing is, I was under the impression that patches had to be approved by MS and Sony, so I kind of doubt it would be out as soon as tonight, even if EA is done with it by then. (It works this way in my own company as well - you can finish a patch, but you have to wait for the infrastructure team to put it up, which means several more days wait.)
Old 07-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
He apologized for the problems and said that EA didn't expect the popularity of this years game.
How is this ever an excuse? For those of you who downloaded America's Army 3, you know this same lame excuse was given for the unplayable lag that was present in the game, and lost many many players very quickly. When you have so many football fans in this country, and you're the only company making football games, how do you NOT expect popularity in your game?

But anyway that has pretty much nothing to do with the problems in this game. Here's the things that bug me most:

1. Mirroring WR routes (as well as curl routes being impossible to do)
2. Super jumps by linebackers and defensive linemen (as well as linebackers being effective in coverage of the slot WR)
3. The amount of stupid run blocking moves by blockers (ignoring people, chip blocks at the LOS that do absolutely nothing)

And every tackle of my players seems to end up in me pressing the A button, and the defender's arms tackling me by my player's feet, every. single. time.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
2. Super jumps by linebackers and defensive linemen (as well as linebackers being effective in coverage of the slot WR)
3. The amount of stupid run blocking moves by blockers (ignoring people, chip blocks at the LOS that do absolutely nothing)

And every tackle of my players seems to end up in me pressing the A button, and the defender's arms tackling me by my player's feet, every. single. time.
1 - Yes this is annoying, but it's probably a core element of the game and hard for them to do anything about, unless they just back off the DB awareness in general. In playing offline I've discovered that a pass coverage slider of 35 (in AA) makes a world of difference, and the reactions to routes are much more realistic, relatively speaking. Try it if you can. It seems to me like 35 should be the new 50 on that slider, if they're going to patch it. Of course programming better and more plausible AI for the defensive backs would be the best option, but I really doubt they're going to do that this year since it's apparently not in the game to begin with.

2 - Also annoying but man, that has been a Madden and NCAA staple for almost as long as I can remember. It certainly happened a ton in the PS2 days. At least it's fairly easy to deal with - just make sure you have a passing lane or back off a step and throw with a little more touch.

3 - Haven't had that problem enough to be bothered by it. Actually I think the run blocking is better and smarter than usual. They do miss an obvious block at times but so do real players occasionally, and I don't see it often enough to get too mad.

4 - no idea what you mean by that, but it's not affecting me. I get tackled all kinds of ways. By the feet, not that much.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
How is this ever an excuse? For those of you who downloaded America's Army 3, you know this same lame excuse was given for the unplayable lag that was present in the game, and lost many many players very quickly. When you have so many football fans in this country, and you're the only company making football games, how do you NOT expect popularity in your game?

But anyway that has pretty much nothing to do with the problems in this game. Here's the things that bug me most:

America's army is more of niche game, because it's more realistic and difficult than a mainstream game like COD. So it's not far fetched for them to be caught off guard, but with a game like NCAA it's inexcusable.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #16
Banned

cornstarch's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Well, maybe soon: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1441062.page

I don't want to get my hopes up too far but this is possibly good news, especially for those of us going crazy about the progression problems. The only thing is, I was under the impression that patches had to be approved by MS and Sony, so I kind of doubt it would be out as soon as tonight, even if EA is done with it by then. (It works this way in my own company as well - you can finish a patch, but you have to wait for the infrastructure team to put it up, which means several more days wait.)
Damn, that would be awesome if we get an "out of no where" patch tonight or tomorrow...but like you said, I thought the console makers had to approve it or whatever...which took weeks last year.

Maybe they changed the protocol and EA can flush out patches as they need to. Hell, we had a release day patch to fix the demo's bugs and that was about a 2 weeks wait eh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »