Home

Loving NCAA but.......

This is a discussion on Loving NCAA but....... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Loving NCAA but.......

The love of Franchise/Dynasty play has taken over EA's thought process. What happen to the individual season that folks like me just want to take a stock roster and pre play a season? I know you can just ignore and autosim the recruiting crap and just play the first season of a team and move on to another and restart but it is such a big part of the game it makes me feel like I am doing something wrong. I wish they would reinstate basic season play. I do not like using fictional players in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Loving NCAA but.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRams
I know you can just ignore and autosim the recruiting crap and just play the first season of a team and move on to another and restart but it is such a big part of the game it makes me feel like I am doing something wrong.
I don't understand why you would feel this way if you don't care. I know there are features I use and don't ues in other games that are a huge part and I don't feel like I am doing something wrong. Do it the way you like it and don't let other people tell you how you should play. To each his own...and enjoy it.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

While they are at it, they should also release a "silent" version of the game for deaf people to play. It would identical to the regular game, except with no sound. This way, deaf people can play it without that nagging feeling that they are missing out on something.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Wow, I was trying to think of an analogy like that Pull n' Pray, but that's pure genius. Well stated. I'll never understand why anyone complains about not having a season mode, just play year one of Franchise and there's your season! No one is making you play the full 30 years or whatever it lasts.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
While they are at it, they should also release a "silent" version of the game for deaf people to play. It would identical to the regular game, except with no sound. This way, deaf people can play it without that nagging feeling that they are missing out on something.
Oh man, I'm busting up here. Well played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Banned

Glad you guys could appreciate my humor. No disrespect meant IrishRams.

For me, I actually enjoy my dynasty much more after all the real players are gone. I guess its the roleplaying aspect of being able to build your own team. And your dynasty is completely unique, unlike the first year when everyone's dynasty is basically the same.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I usually don't make it much more than 4 or 5 years before I want to go back and play with the "real" players. So, I just quit the dynasty and start a new one. That's all you have to do if you don't like playing with fictional guys.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #8
Banned

I don't feel fully emotionally invested in my team until I am nurturing the recruits I brought in to greatness. Those guys I was with from the recruiting, redshirting, depth charting processes all the way to graduation. The default roster is just a stepping stone to get to that point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »