Home

Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

OMG - I am so freaking supportive of this movement, let me say it loud and clear: NO STRATEGY PAD FOR NCAA FOOTBALL...EVER!!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #10
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

You're kidding me right? The strategy pad is a nice addition, and I love it. I, for one, hope it never leaves.

@AdamdotH
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Are you being sarcastic, LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

I like the Strat pad, as well. I am not being sarcastic.

I like that is slows down the number of adjustments that can be made, as well as puts all of the adjustments in one simple place.

I think the Madden Gurus were making online a terrible place to play by using combinations of adjustments that break the AI. I think this might be a step in the right direction, in which you have use more than couple of defensive formations that you can alter on the fly.

I'm hoping that Ian and the guys can avoid caving in to the vocal minority. And I would love to see it in NCAA.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yes but Jayhawker - if the issue was online players glitching there was still no need to change the system, they could have simply kept the same system and added in slight delays. That's my point.

As for you saying it's the vocal minority, I'd say you're wrong. I've read reviews of Madden 11 from non-sports fans who dislike the strategy pad. I'll bet if a poll was posted it'd reveal the overwhelming HATRED of this feature.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yes but Jayhawker - if the issue was online players glitching there was still no need to change the system, they could have simply kept the same system and added in slight delays. That's my point.

As for you saying it's the vocal minority, I'd say you're wrong. I've read reviews of Madden 11 from non-sports fans who dislike the strategy pad. I'll bet if a poll was posted it'd reveal the overwhelming HATRED of this feature.
Honestly, people have been playing this game and giving impressions for weeks, whether it be E3, CD, or letting journalists have a crack at it. Strat pad never came up as eve an issue, let alone an abomination.

And if they just added delays, the complaints would be about the sluggish buggy controls. I think they absolutely needed to alter the interface to accomplish this. Had they instituted delays, and then explained this, the reaction would be worse than you see now.

The problem with the Gurus was that they had taken the game to a place that was not fun to play for most people. In order to compete, you had to match what they were doing, which made the game a silly version of rock-paper-scissors.

This is going to get ugly, because I really do think it was a shot at their biggest and most loyal fans. But sometimes, those biggest and most loyal fans are an impediment to drawing others in. It was depressing that when I went online and looked for tips on playing Madden better, that it was going to take most of the fun out of the game. I don't like exploiting AI glitches, and I would prefer to use more defenses in variety of situations over a couple that game be exploited to be effective regardless of what play the offense calls.

Seriously, guys running the 1-5-5 as a base defense and other such BS can thank themselves for this change.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

i hope they dont add this crap either
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

What really pisses me off to no end is EA changing the OFFLINE game because some dickheads online cheese. Make changes to the online game and leave my offline game alone. I don't play online. I will never play online. I don't need my offline game ****ed with because of how online games are played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »