Home

Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

Oh and I make no bones about it that my $60 in the grand scheme of things is not much. But amongst all my friends and co-workers I'm considered the go-to guy for sports games as they all know I'm really into them. Every year I have about 20 people ask me how Madden is and should they buy it. I'm not exaggerating either because most of my friends, family and co-workers know I get the game early and can tell them what I think.

So here's how it works, I tell 20 people not to buy, each of them tells 2 more people not to buy and that's 61 units of lost sales. Now if you figure out all the guys on OS like me and add it up, yes at some point it can hurt their wallets. And besides, don't even know why I'm bringing this up, Madden sales have already been declining so it's obvious that their wallets are already being impacted by these types of decisions.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

You'd tell 20 people not to buy a game because the developers changed a pre-play control scheme that you're not used to? And those 20 would tell 2 people each because they heard that their friend doesn't like a new pre-play control scheme?

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think that declining sales of Madden in 2010 had anything to do with pre-play control schemes. Not exactly ruling it out, but the industry wide slip in traditional console game sales probably had more to do with it.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #51
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm not particularly enamored w/the SP, but if my choices are either (1)developing a comfort zone with two radically different methods of making pre-snap adjustments in order to play both NCAA and Madden effectively or (2) having NCAA emulate Madden's SP, I would (reluctantly) choose the second option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Or how about option (3)buy and enjoy NCAA and don't buy Madden anymore

That's what I'm thinking of rolling with..
Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #53
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Thing is, other than the formation audible foolishness I don't consider the SP to be an insurmountable obstacle. Why then should I stop playing Madden enitirely?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #54
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

You know good well the strategy pad will be in NCAA 12... I don't see the big issue. Maybe by moving it there opens up more options in the future..
Old 07-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 9

I agree MVB. I don't love the strategy pad, I am totally indifferent to it, but it opens up 3 more face buttons for preplay. And it makes sense to centralize them in one location. The previous system was the system for years, but it developed out of a lack of buttons and planning from the old days... where people still used digital controls rather than analog.

I see this as similar to the sprint button being RT versus being A. People freaked out when the industry standard speedburst button was moved to RT, from A, but it made sense to do that (esp because sprint was always different depending on the situation: with a QB A was a receiver; with a defensive player A switched players, etc)... But people lost their **** accepting something new.

If it's well executed on the new control scheme.. then I'm all for it because it opens up more possibilities in the future. If it's laggy, etc., then they've gotta fix that. I played two Madden demo games last night and was mostly making the same adjustments I've always made without much trouble.

Last edited by CMH; 07-28-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Cleaning it up. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #56
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I wouldn't care if Strategy pad was the default at all....as long as I could play with the old control scheme..........

I don't like design decisions setup to screw with player control because EA cant raise their game and fix their code............especially when their playbooks are so underwhelming and soulless

and I think thats what they did....otherwise they would have left the old controls in

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »