Home

Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Im saying it right now to the NCAA Team......No "Strategy Pad" for NCAA 12

If the goal was to simplify they aren't going to use the face buttons for more stuff. I think the analogy to RT-A for speed burst is a poor one as it made more sense to use right trigger to free up your hands for using the face buttons. This move makes no sense. The only defense I've seen of it is that it "consolidates" buttons. Who cares about consolidating buttons. I've heard no one exclaim that it's awful all those buttons were being used.

I will concede though that perhaps the lagginess/lack of responsiveness is a big area of why I'm hating it right now.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

SteelerSpartan - I agree, I suspect this was added simply to add another list of things they'd done for the higher ups.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #59
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10

I see this as similar to the sprint button being RT versus being A. People freaked out when the industry standard speedburst button was moved to RT, from A, but it made sense to do that (esp because sprint was always different depending on the situation: with a QB A was a receiver; with a defensive player A switched players, etc)... But people lost their sh*t accepting something new.

If it's well executed on the new control scheme.. then I'm all for it because it opens up more possibilities in the future. If it's laggy, etc., then they've gotta fix that. I played two Madden demo games last night and was mostly making the same adjustments I've always made without much trouble.

Its not well executed.....its slower and less responsive and that was its intent judging by Ians twitter

IMO the sprint button doesn't compare to this....your not being limited to how much sprinting you can do

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm in the field of people who dislike the strategy pad. I'm all for changes that make sense in the game and make the overall experience better - at first i hated the auto sprint, but after 2 games i found it was actually easier to not hold down the sprint button and focus on the analog sticks.

Strategy pad doesn't make it easier, it makes calling audibles and formation changes more complicated by adding at least one additional step. If they're trying to cover up shortcomings in the game A.I. thats a pretty crappy bandaid.

I have a feeling they will either remove it next year, or provide an option to change the control scheme - which they should have included, similar to auto sprint, they still let you turn it back to the old way.

NCAA 11 to me is head and shoulders above Madden this year, just in the way it plays, and the game speed it feels better to me. Strategy pad and no Hurry Up, which i can't believe they didn't borrow from NCAA, makes Madden a poor upgrade for me this year.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

I was surprised that Madden didn't use the hurry up system as well. Probably didn't because of gameflow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #62
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I haven't played the madden demo, so i can't comment on the strategy pad, but what i don't understand is, why don't they make it an option to use strategy pad or make adjustments how you normally would. I know madden often caters to the the casual fan, but they could at least given some consideration to the hardcore fans here.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #63
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

personally, I dont see the point in changing this.

We've played literally hundreds of thousands of snaps on these games and changing stuff like this is pointless.

I cant even get used to the auto-sprint on NCAA because I just keep hitting R2. It's burned into my reflex memory at this point after so many years. But at least I have an option where it's concerned.

As it stands currently, I can come to the line, look at the defense, and make adjustments without even having to look at my players.

And on defense, there's already zero time to make any real adjustments, so I hope nothing changes.

Last edited by stoncold32; 07-28-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #64
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
personally, I dont see the point in changing this.

We've played literally hundreds of thousands of snaps on these games and changing stuff like this is pointless.

I cant even get used to the auto-sprint on NCAA because I just keep hitting R2. It's burned into my reflex memory at this point after so many years.

As it stands currently, I can come to the line, look at the defense, and make adjustments without even having to look at my players. I hope they dont change that.

I agree the new audible system feels so wrong after all these years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »