Home

Spreadsheet to help with recruiting

This is a discussion on Spreadsheet to help with recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:46 AM   #1
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Spreadsheet to help with recruiting

Not sure if this would help anyone but this is the Excel Spreadsheet I've been using to track recruiting. Basically the steps are as follows...

Once you have your initial set of prospects, enter their information on the Prospects tab.

Using the Template tab, make enough copies of that tab so that you have one for each prospect. Right click the tab, then check the 'Make a Copy' checkbox. Just make sure the copy is saved after the Template tab. I'll upload a copy tomorrow that has 25 blank tabs and maybe one of my prospect tabs to use as an example.

Double click the tab name of each tab and change it to match each of your prospects.

Now each week, fill in the results of your calls. A lot of the cells have conditional formatting or formulas in them so be sure not to type anything into a tab that has a formula in it, it will do it for you.

If you make a promise, put an abbreviation for the promise in the Promise row (ie CC for conf championship, RIV for winning record against rivals, etc) and then put the points you gain from that promise in the Pts from Promise row for that week. If you make two promises in one week, just combine the total points in that one cell.

When you figure out a recruit's interest in a subject, ie TV, highlight the name of that subject using the colors on the bottom of the sheet. You can see my examples. Then enter the score you get in the appropriate cell for that week and that subject. I've found that you should double check your entries once the final tally screen comes up because sometimes they tell you that you got say 57 points for a pitch, but then the tally screen shows 60 or 55 or some other number that doesn't match - it doesn't happen often but it happens.

If you use the compare option, just type in your score, not your opponents loss in points - I couldn't come up with a smart way to do that and normally the losses aren't that great anyway. If you pitch a topic without first finding out what they think about it, highlight those points in gray per the color codes.

If you get the 2x bonus for a recruit one week, I highlight that Week # cell in orange just for record keeping.

If a recruit signs with me, I put that info in the Result Row and highlight the entire week column in green. Conversely if he signs elsewhere or I drop them, I highlight that week in red. Always move player tabs to the end of the workbook if they sign with you or sign elsewhere so they don't clutter up the recruits you are still working on.

I know there's a lot of info in this, hopefully these light instructions and the examples in the spreadsheet will help you. I find it's a great way to see the results of my efforts and how each call and how many minutes you spend really impacts the overall process. Also if you keep this multiple years you can look back at some of the prospects you let get away and see how they ended up in their careers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA.zip (83.0 KB, 486 views)

Last edited by srudoff; 07-28-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Spreadsheet to help with recruiting

How did you determine the amount of points for a visit? I've never noticed any indication beyond the letter grade.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Will you put this on EditGrid? I can't open the zip.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey bro each time I try to open the folder it says its corrupt or something and I can't access the file. Sounds awesome though...
Old 07-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

This^^^^^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimisbrunnr
How did you determine the amount of points for a visit? I've never noticed any indication beyond the letter grade.
oh it's the points they give you for just scheduling the visit, not for the actual visit

anyone recommend a good site to upload this to since it seems that it's not working here?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
anyone recommend a good site to upload this to since it seems that it's not working here?
http://www.editgrid.com/
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I downloaded it and got it to work fine. So are you primarily using this to just have a log of past results, or is there some way you are using this to get an edge on other teams in recruiting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »