Home

Heisman Recruiting...Is it too hard?

This is a discussion on Heisman Recruiting...Is it too hard? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Heisman Recruiting...Is it too hard?

I host an SEC Dynasty on Heisman difficulty wiht Heisman recruiting. We are all winnign games/losign a few like we should...

But the only team in the top 20 in recruiting is Florida, and a bunch of us are in the bottom 50, including 3 people in the the bottom 5.

Should I switch it to All-American? I like a challenge, but this is pretty disconcerning, I'm not a bad recruiter either.

I am South Carolina (3 Star) and have 2 margnial 4 star recruits with about 3 3 star recruits with 3 weeks left in the season. I had no shot at most 4 stars and had absolutely no shot at any 5 stars.

Any comments on this? Should I switch it to All-American or would that be too easy? I want it to be realistic and challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Heisman Recruiting...Is it too hard?

I would say yes, to try AA recruiting. Having that many teams on the bottom 5 is too unrealistic imo. And I don't think AA is a cakewalk. I hope it works.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think Heisman difficulty is great. I play a co-op dynasty with my friend and we play as Arkansas State (1*). The first year we went 3-9 and I signed a total of four 2* recruits. The next season we went 8-5 getting a bowl bid and I landed two 3* and ten 2*. The third season we went 10-3 winning our bowl game and in my fourth season as a 3* team I have interest from a handful of 4 stars and a boatload of 3 star recruits.

I think winning is the most important thing in recruiting and if you can do that Heisman difficulty is perfect. You just have to put in the effort and actively search the prospect list and update your board every week.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I was terrific at recruiting on 10 (then again, who wasn't?) with the top class in about every OD season I played. This year, I've got recruiting difficulty on All American playing as Va Tech and I'm still losing recruits. If Heisman recruiting is at all like Heisman gameplay, the game is going to give computer teams about 15 hours to work with and max points per pitch.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by themick074
I host an SEC Dynasty on Heisman difficulty wiht Heisman recruiting. We are all winnign games/losign a few like we should...

But the only team in the top 20 in recruiting is Florida, and a bunch of us are in the bottom 50, including 3 people in the the bottom 5.

Should I switch it to All-American? I like a challenge, but this is pretty disconcerning, I'm not a bad recruiter either.

I am South Carolina (3 Star) and have 2 margnial 4 star recruits with about 3 3 star recruits with 3 weeks left in the season. I had no shot at most 4 stars and had absolutely no shot at any 5 stars.

Any comments on this? Should I switch it to All-American or would that be too easy? I want it to be realistic and challenging.
until they give us an option to pay recruits, most SEC teams will be near the bottom in ncaa 2011
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey Guys, I am playing on Heisman and recruiting on Heisman with my Florida State Seminoles. I am 6-1, year one and my only loss was to Miami
on the road. I have had several 4* and a few 3* and no 5* commitments.
I know FSU is not the cream of the crop like they were in the 90s and early 2000s, but some Blue Chips who live in Florida should sign with FSU.
It is important to rank your board each week? The reason I am asking is because I never do this. Could this be a reason why I didn't land any 5* players yet? Thanks.

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Old 07-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am strongly considering switching recruiting to All-American, I just don't want it to be too easy to recruit like last year....

I agree that winning is definitely important when it comes to recruiting, it also seems that "stars" matter. Has anyone been able to pull a really nice class full of 5 star blue chips on heisman? Seems like these days are over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »