Home

A interesting thing I just learned in recruiting (scholarship offers)

This is a discussion on A interesting thing I just learned in recruiting (scholarship offers) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
A interesting thing I just learned in recruiting (scholarship offers)

Sorry if I am late to the party on this but something I have noticed is that sometimes there are 3 and 4 star prospects deep in the season that don't have a single scholarship offer. This may be a way to nab some guys later on in the year.

Something else I noticed, sometimes guys can have "soft committments" to certain schools, but those schools do not have a scholarship offer on the table for them. They are ripe for stealing.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A interesting thing I just learned in recruiting (scholarship offers)

I will have to look into that I have just added my needs this year and gone after my top 12-15 recruits. Not like last year where i would fill my board.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

This has been noted in other recruiting threads, but the one issue with it is that the recruits don't seem as excited by scholarships as you would think. For example, if I'm a 3* recruiting from the state of Texas, and I want to play for Texas, yet only Texas Tech will offer me a scholarship that will PAY for my education, you would assume Texas Tech is shooting way up my list. Yet, I've heard several people remark that they were unable to catch up to #1 school even when their team offered the scholarship and the #1 school didn't...

In other college games, like College Hoops 2k8, however, the strategy you brought up is a GREAT way to sign talent. I remember combing through the international players and findings all sorts of guys that didn't have a single scholarship offer from other teams, with a great deal of success.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

I seem to be shooting up players' boards quickly even though I was not on their original interest list.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

someone refresh me, if someone is soft commited later in the season, i know it'll show on their status that they are (for example) = soft UGA. how do you tell if UGA has offered them or not?
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
someone refresh me, if someone is soft commited later in the season, i know it'll show on their status that they are (for example) = soft UGA. how do you tell if UGA has offered them or not?
When you click Y for more info, there is a check mark next to every school that has offered him. This is on the screen that hows how far ahead/behind you are on the prospect's list.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm in year 2 with UGA. I have seen the 4* players with no teams showing interest. I think in the blogs done before the game come out one of the EA guys talked about this. Its something they added this year. I went after a guy (4* QB) that had no school showing interest. I spent the max time with him for 3 weeks and offered first thing. He signed with me but wish he had not. I didn't look at his ratings grades. I didn't know about the new rating system EA was using. This guy came in lower (64ovr) then the 3* QB I signed in week one (66ovr).
Also the guys giving a "soft" to a team that didn't offer them is something I noticed also. Had a QB sign with GT over me and I was the only one to offer him. That didn't make me as mad as the fact that Tech signed 4 QB's and all were pocket passes. I thought they said they fixed that? Guess not and guess in 2-3 seasons the option will be useless like NCAA10.
I agree with the guy that brought up choops2k8. In that game you could find good guys late. See in that game when a school signs a player at that position the recruit moves on to a different school. Playing time means more then in the NCAA series. Thats why teams sign 7 QB's or 10 CB's.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I'm in year 2 with UGA. I have seen the 4* players with no teams showing interest. I think in the blogs done before the game come out one of the EA guys talked about this. Its something they added this year. I went after a guy (4* QB) that had no school showing interest. I spent the max time with him for 3 weeks and offered first thing. He signed with me but wish he had not. I didn't look at his ratings grades. I didn't know about the new rating system EA was using. This guy came in lower (64ovr) then the 3* QB I signed in week one (66ovr).
So what you're saying is that the CPU already knows who the busts will be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »