Home

Possible Workaround for Broken Dyansty

This is a discussion on Possible Workaround for Broken Dyansty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Possible Workaround for Broken Dyansty

After seeing how Dyansty is unplayable after about 4-5 years, I noticed as most have, how the CPU has so many players playing out of postion. I simmed to year 3 and looked at the worst school which was Buffalo. RB's playing as CB, FB as DT etc. So, I decided to make a coach for Buffalo to look at the Rosters. The players are there, just not in the correct positons.

So what I did was start this Dyansty over, but this time correct the depth chart in the 2nd year, then quit the job so the CPU would still controll the team, and sim the season. I went back to this team...again taking control...just to look at the progression. To my surprise it kept my adjusted dept chart and each and every postion improved. Grant not a hugh amount...the most improved player was 5. The next simmed season he got some playing time and improved 4 more...and will start by his Jr year granted only about a 65...but he's not going tho the NFL either.

But this does at least gives me a workaround until (or if) a patch comes out. No more players playing out of postion...because the dept chart is intack. Checked the 53 rated kickers stats...8 -15 FG....18/18 XP. Not many...but you are talking about the 120th team in the nation.

So...what u have to do is create a coach...and go to each and every team to change there dept chart. It only took me about 10 min to do Buff so you are looking at about a little over 2 hrs if you do it in one day. It is worth this to me as to get over the hump in dyansty mode, because I do not sim a season a day or in a week as some do.

What I see is that the CPU has arranged its depth chart to play the best overall player vs a true postion player. Thats why you have an RB maybe playing in the TE or WR postion. The CPU is not taking into account the other players. It seems this would be an easy patch...but who knows.

Also, this makes me think thats why the CPU is stock piling so many QB's or RB etc...they are not listed on the CPU's dept chart under the correct positons. I will run more test and see if the issue lies with this.

This makes me think that the recruits are coming in lower (which they are), but failing to progress because they are not even on the dept chart. My freshman CB..not seeing playing time...improved 3 which I feel is fair, again we are looking at the 120th team in the nation with talent they pull in.

Next I will be testing if I can take a coach and at least set up there the CPU recruiting. I noticed that all CPU teams have an intrest of low at all postions..but this is another job.

Hope this at least can help some of you members...if you would like to give it a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Possible Workaround for Broken Dyansty

I might do this to the teams I am scheduled to play, but definitely not for all 120 teams every year. Good tip though!

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Pro

Just make sure you create a coach...and not use your main coach, or you will lose your records, and plus..you might not get hired back at your orginal school.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
Pro

Did some more testing with this. And found that the there are only about 65 - 66 players per team...before the any freshman are RS. If the CPU RS's 4 -5 players, you are now down to 60 or so. Not sure how many are required on each team for the game, but in real life...it is closer to 80 or so.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Pro

If anyone is trying this...you need to adjust your dept charts at the start of your first season. I have downloaded 3 set of rosters...plus the default rosters, and the depth charts are incomplete before you start your dynasty. I know that the rosters I downloaded do not contain these types of errors, as I have used them before. Ok...maybe one could be wrong, but all 3 plus the default had players out of postion.

I still feel that the CPU is playing the best overall rated player reguardless of postion, as seasons go along.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Pro

Just a quick note....if you are using anyones roster and they create or you create a player, you will have to reset the dept chart for that team. For some reason, the CPU resets the dept chart...and it is all messed up again.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

First things first, I'm still amazed that only 1 person responded in this thread. I refuse to believe no one else notices this.

Anyway, I can create a coach before the start of my dynasty and edit ALL teams? I'm slightly lost man. I think I'll try it out. This is about to be a task and a half lol.

If I can fix all the teams, I will. 100+ though, sheesh. Maybe not lol.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
First things first, I'm still amazed that only 1 person responded in this thread. I refuse to believe no one else notices this.

Anyway, I can create a coach before the start of my dynasty and edit ALL teams? I'm slightly lost man. I think I'll try it out. This is about to be a task and a half lol.

If I can fix all the teams, I will. 100+ though, sheesh. Maybe not lol.
It isn't due to a lack of importance... It is because most people are simply waiting for the tuner instead of trying to 'work around' the issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »