Home

CPU Depth Chart Order Issues

This is a discussion on CPU Depth Chart Order Issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:26 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: CPU Depth Chart Order Issues

I just had a game where my punter...PUNTER...was playing linebacker. In that same game, my 2nd string SS was tired enough that my backup QB came in to relieve him for one play. For that play, I had two #13s on the field at the same time, the backup FS and the auto-replaced SS (QB).

What I noticed is that the game will go through my depth chart until there are no players left to sub in, then it picks the next best player. This only becomes a problem when I mass sub in the 2nd teams. The players on the 2nd teams are also on the special teams, so they are always on the field, so they get fatigued faster, so they are subbed out sooner and the weird sub ins start happening, then the original 2nd teamers are in only for one or two plays before they are subbed out again.

What I end up with, most of the time, is my 2nd string offense playing both offense and defense, and I'll rarely, if ever, see my 2nd string defense (or the rare 3rd stringers) again.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
I just had a game where my punter...PUNTER...was playing linebacker. In that same game, my 2nd string SS was tired enough that my backup QB came in to relieve him for one play. For that play, I had two #13s on the field at the same time, the backup FS and the auto-replaced SS (QB).

What I noticed is that the game will go through my depth chart until there are no players left to sub in, then it picks the next best player. This only becomes a problem when I mass sub in the 2nd teams. The players on the 2nd teams are also on the special teams, so they are always on the field, so they get fatigued faster, so they are subbed out sooner and the weird sub ins start happening, then the original 2nd teamers are in only for one or two plays before they are subbed out again.

What I end up with, most of the time, is my 2nd string offense playing both offense and defense, and I'll rarely, if ever, see my 2nd string defense (or the rare 3rd stringers) again.
Wow, that punter better have had some good skills to get subbed in. If they would only have players in their right positions, the Depth chart wouldn't be such a mess and it wouldn't have to reach for whoever is available.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 08-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #11
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I just had my second string quarterback, Logan Gray, come in at Free Safety and boom he gets injured and is out for the year. This really needs to be fixed!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Part of the problem is that this game still has 70 man rosters.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #13
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Part of the problem is that this game still has 70 man rosters.
+1 85 man rosters have been my biggest wish every year.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 11

I posted this in the Bug Thread too. I see this as a bigger issue than the dynasty progression. I had my 3rd string CB as my backup LOLB, MLB, ROLB, and he was my 3rd string RB, FS, SS, and my 5th WR.

When I did Mass Subs, it was so messed up, (like the dude above), I had my backup QB come in as FS.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #15
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeskCoder
I posted this in the Bug Thread too. I see this as a bigger issue than the dynasty progression. I had my 3rd string CB as my backup LOLB, MLB, ROLB, and he was my 3rd string RB, FS, SS, and my 5th WR.

When I did Mass Subs, it was so messed up, (like the dude above), I had my backup QB come in as FS.
I think they actually go hand and hand with each other, I'm starting to notice that Athletic QB's will be starting at WR a lot, because they're better athletes than than most Wide Receivers, and this is at 5 and 6* programs to.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 9

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-dyansty.html Someone posted on here yesterday how to create a coach on dynasty and re-order the depth charts for teams and then deleting that coach..

It works.. Takes a lot of time, so I only did it for the teams i play in season.. At least it's a work around, but 85 man rosters would rock, but can EA just add 15 freshman or walk-on's to make this happen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »