Home

Custom Spectator Idea!!!

This is a discussion on Custom Spectator Idea!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Life is short Pray hard!

Sundropjunkie's Arena

OVR: 12
Custom Spectator Idea!!!

I wish that they would come up with a way to invite your friends on xbox or ps3 whatever. say i'm playing a game against a friend and wanted someone to be able to watch the game like in the stands...Wouldn't that be cool? input is more than Welcome....

Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Volunteers,USC,Oregon
Atlanta Braves
Chicago Bulls

GT: Sundropjunkie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Custom Spectator Idea!!!

Yep. Spectator modes have been a big request on many console games, but, the general consensus has been that it's very difficult to achieve this on the current format of how XBL and PSN work. I think that they could probably figure it out, given that they have 6 player coop now, which allows for multiple connections to one host... but it's not enough of a request.

It's too bad because spectating is still and always has been very popular in PC games. When I used to run Cstrike servers back in the day, I always had "CS TV" beaming to my websites showing live action with the overhead map, etc... it was awesome watching the little sprites flow out.

It would be great if, in say the next gen of consoles, you could watch your buddy's game streamed "live" or even 10 seconds later than live... But alas, probably not going to happen for a while.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
Life is short Pray hard!

Sundropjunkie's Arena

Man!!! I LOVED CS!!!! Back in the day man that brings back so many memories!!!

Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Volunteers,USC,Oregon
Atlanta Braves
Chicago Bulls

GT: Sundropjunkie
Old 07-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'd love it if they added spectator mode to Online Dynasty.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I've wanted Spectator ability since NCAA '09 when Online dynasties came to be.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #6
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

A spectator mode only works if EA get's the broadcast camera angle going again. But I don't get the whole point. What do you do in spectator mode? Push the A button to take a drink from your cup? Click the X button to get up and go stand in line at the men's room?

Unless you're performing some scouting activity, I don't see the point. Or wait... Maybe you work for the New England Patriots, and you're job is to spy on the Jets! But we'll have to wait for Madden to use that mode...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

I think this would be a great feature to have in the game. I think Forza Motorsport already has something like this so I certainly would think EA could implement it as well. Think of how great this would be for Online Dynasties!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #8
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
A spectator mode only works if EA get's the broadcast camera angle going again. But I don't get the whole point. What do you do in spectator mode? Push the A button to take a drink from your cup? Click the X button to get up and go stand in line at the men's room?

Unless you're performing some scouting activity, I don't see the point. Or wait... Maybe you work for the New England Patriots, and you're job is to spy on the Jets! But we'll have to wait for Madden to use that mode...
We'll call it Bill Belichick mode. It would be great. To be honest though, scouting your opponents would be useful, and if you're in a dynasty with a lot of communication if its a huge game it'd be fun to watch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »