Home

CPU Playcalling Is Ridiculous/ Authentic Play Styles?

This is a discussion on CPU Playcalling Is Ridiculous/ Authentic Play Styles? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #1
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU Playcalling Is Ridiculous/ Authentic Play Styles?

I'm running a Road To Glory with a RB at the University of Miami. He's been playing incredible, getting over 7 YPC. But for some reason the offensive coordinator thinks its a good idea to pass the ball 60-70% of the time even when we're up by several touchdowns. I just thought this was funny considering Miami's coach settings are set to 50/50 run vs. pass and they run a pro style offense. On the season they are passing 61% of the time, and even that number is skewed by a few early season games where they gave me a bunch of garbage carries. I literally had 9 carries last game, and I'm averaging 13.4 carries on the season.

And apart from me bitching about my guy not getting the ball enough, the playcalling really IS ridiculous. The gameplan usually involves coming out in the 1st half and running about 15 play-action pass plays in a row, despite the fact that they haven't ran the ball ONCE in the game yet and haven't even begun to set up the run.

Most times when the game gets to halftime, the run vs. pass ratio will be about 20 passes to 5 runs. Only in the 2nd half if we have a lead will it start to even out a little bit.

For all the big hubbub EA made about authentic play styles, I think this is pretty silly. Miami in real life ran the ball 53% of the time last season. Right now in this Road To Glory, I'm 8 games into the season and we're running it 39% of the time.

I'm tempted to scrap this guy and start over at a new school, except he's balling so hard with the little amount of carries he gets. He didn't play the first 3 games of the season, then he stole the starting job. In 5 starts he's averaging 96 rushing yards and 90 recieving yards per game, with 7 total touchdowns. If the OC would give him the rock he would be averaging 250 yards from scrimmage a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Re: CPU Playcalling Is Ridiculous/ Authentic Play Styles?

OK so we just entered the 4TH QUARTER, with a 27 point lead... and to start off the 4th quarter we ran 8 consecutive pass plays......

I'm just shaking my head.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Ended the game with 10 carries for 96 yards and a TD.

Final pass/run ratio: 30 to 16 in favor of the pass.

WTF is going on
Old 07-30-2010, 02:42 AM   #4
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Just played another game (well, simmed most of it. My player was blocking the entire time). I got 9 carries in the entire game. 5 of them were on the final drive in the 4th quarter. So yeah I averaged a little over 1 carry per quarter for the 1st 3 quarters.

Anybody got any team suggestions for teams that run the ball a fair amount that aren't option or flexbone offenses or all that weird ****? IE no Navy, Georgia Tech, etc.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:09 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

It did require 4 posts to make your point, you're right.

Playcalling in RTG has always been terrible. It's only playable if you choose a QB or a defensive player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 03:12 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

It sure makes playing WR fun though. I made a WR for Hawaii and finished my freshman year with 4000 receiving yards, 160 catches, and 43 TDs.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I actually stopped road to glory because I was playing a RB but the team I got on kept calling pass plays. I understand that youre going to be out there on passing downs but it felt more like I was a WR tha tnever gets the ball thrown to them than a RB
Old 07-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Easy choice for a running team... Wisconsin. HUGE OL for the first 2-3 years and a heavy running playbook. Clay is a good runner, so beating him out takes some good stats, but if you want run-heavy they are it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »