Home

Offline Dynasty comeback

This is a discussion on Offline Dynasty comeback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5
Offline Dynasty comeback

Currently playing an offline dynasty with 3 friends. Im UNC and they are Florida State, Wisconsin and Miami. All of us are in the ACC. Just finished a thriller vs. FSU to keep my perfect season in tact. Down 35-7 as the 3rd quarter is about to expire. Get a safety and go into the 4th down 35-9.

From there I manage to run hurry up and my defense wakes up. I score 29 unanswered in the 4th to win 38-35. Recovered 1 onside, forced 2 4th quarter TOs. Got that momentum swing going into the 4th and just built and built. This game has produced some thrillers, but this is by far the most entertaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Offline Dynasty comeback

Cool. Some of the best games are these.

I managed to get to a bowl game with UAB playing against Navy. It was a tough game and I was down by 2. I managed to drive down the field at the end but they stopped me from getting a TD on 3 tries so I was going FG. It was little more than a PAT but the CPU called 3 timeouts trying to ice me. I sort of laughed and thought "yeah... cool CPU dude. Give it your best shot." Then I proceeded to actually get a bit freaked out and missed it left. In retrospect it is sort of awesome that I actually got iced by the CPU. it took my mind off of just making the FG.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

lol thats sweet iced by the CPU... lol
2010: #9 Iowa 3-0
Last: W 24-17 v #25 FSU (Human)
Old 07-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I came back after trailing 24-0 in the first quarter of my bowl game, but 28 in the 3rd? Wow.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicesharks
In retrospect it is sort of awesome that I actually got iced by the CPU. it took my mind off of just making the FG.
Yeah I imagine so. Getting iced sucks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

I actually just played my Nebraska @ Kansas St game in my offline. I won 16-7 but was out gained 302-275 and out played for the most part by KSU. Two bad Wildcat turnovers inside the NU 30 saved me in the second half.

RB#8 was a monster. Thomas right? They use him exclusively and he trucked about 1-2 guys every time he touched the ball.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

I was 17 down to Texas Tech after I fumbled a kickoff and Tech returned it 30 yards for the score. There were approximately 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I came back to tie the game up, scoring incredibly on a 34 yard pass on 4th and 19 with under a minute left.

On the ensuing kickoff Tech was flagged for holding and was backed up on their own 10. Interestingly, Tech attempted 50 some odd pass attempts in the game, but backed up with under a minute to go in regulation, they decided to run it on three straight attempts. I stopped to a combined 8 yards and after using two timeouts Tech was forced to punt with approximately 24 seconds to play. I strange note here. After the 3rd down run did not net a first down, tech used a time out which saved me from using my last timeout. Not sure why that happened.

I had approximately 24 seconds left and one timeout. I hit two passes that took me down to the 5 yard line. However, I was on the far left hash and with only one timeout, I let the clock drain down to 4 seconds, before calling timeout and bringing out the kicker. Amazingly I shank the 26 yard attempt and the game goes into overtime.

I get the ball first in overtime and quickly throw an interception. Tech takes over and gains no yards on three plays. They line up for a 42 yard field goal and miss it!! Unbeleivable! They get the ball to start the 2nd OT and are forced to kick a field goal and make it. I decide to stick to the run on this drive. Tech's d is absolutely drained and fatigue is taking a heavy toll on their team as they have lots of 2nd teamers out on the field. I decide to pound the rock and score 4 plays later all on the ground.

It ended up with a great game score of 1707 or something like that. Each team had over 450 yards in offense. Just a great game.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I (Louisville) was down 35-0 in the 2nd quarter against West Virginia. I went hurry up the rest of the way and came all the way back .... and lost 55-58.

My defense was HORRIBLE and gave up over 300 rushing yards. I ended up breaking the single game passing yards record with 760 yards or something like that. Also had 8 touchdown passes. Had two receivers with double digit catches, one with five receiving scores and over 250 yards.

It was pretty ridiculous, WV kept blitzing and leaving guys wide open considering I had 4 and 5 wide the rest of the game.

Last edited by jmik58; 07-30-2010 at 05:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »