Home

How many players to to start recruiting each season?

This is a discussion on How many players to to start recruiting each season? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #33
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How many players to to start recruiting each season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I like to usually just add 15-20 recruits to my board. I like to in their top 3 too. With Miami I will sometimes go after guys I am 7th on because I can sometimes land them, but in my Buffalo dynasty I have 23 recruits on my board and I am in the top 3 for each one with over half I am number one on.

I usually try and find recruits I need. If I have 3 JRs and 2 SRs at a position, I will recruit some players in that spot even if the game tells me not to. That way I can get some young talent in there by the time the JRs are all graduated. I also like to recruit in positions I am weak in.

Even though I may have 5 WR's, the best one may only be a 71, so I want to improve that position and try and find a good few recruits that I have a chance to land and improve my squad.

Once my board is made up of my choice recruits I reorder it by interest. Then when it comes to calling recruits, I like to spend the same time with every recruit. I usually don't offer scholarships unless I am their number one or I am in desperate need of points= on that particular recruit. I also don't schedule visits until I am in their top 3 or if I need the points badly to still stand a chance.

This method has helped me get a handful of 5 stars in 3 weeks with Miami. With Buffalo I already have 3 2 stars committed to me through 3 weeks.
More good advice. I need to ask questions more often... knocked this one out today
Old 08-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

You know what, I think I'm going to go back to keeping my board full. I had about 15 guys on there, and by week 8 (when all the good players start signing with other teams), I had gotten the x2 bonus ONE FRICKIN TIME, and it really didn't even help that much. I had nothing to fall back on after that either, since I had fallen behind on all the other guys that I could have had sitting on my board, getting free points for. I only signed a few of the guys that were on my board. I could have done that without the x2 bonus, and kept my board full to help me out with the next set of prospects.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:02 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 7

Recruiting Assistance= All off
Recruiting= Heisman
10 recruits= 60 min calls to each=full recruiting time.

Either you know how to recruit, or, you end up with alot of walk-ons. Either way, it all comes down squarely on YOUR shoulders.

P.S.- How can you NOT know how to recruit a guy when you get the x2? In-con-ceiv-able...

Last edited by JMBOO; 08-01-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: People make me laugh, and you should too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #36
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

If the recruits aren't in my top 3 I usually don't even try to go after them. I usually fill my board at the beginning of the year with about 20. After instant commits and looking over people I don't really need it's down to about 12 or 13 and I spread out the time equally unless I really need certain players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »