Home

Spread-Option and pro-style playbooks...

This is a discussion on Spread-Option and pro-style playbooks... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Spread-Option and pro-style playbooks...

Ok, I am a big fan of the spread option offense and the pro style offense. I also like the air raid, and flexbone. But I am mainly concerned with spread option and pro style for this post. I want to know what are good spread option playbooks. I tried Michigan's and right now am using Mississippi State's playbook, which I love. But I am really looking for a playbook that is more like what Michigan ran last season. The Michigan base playbook has some of what they ran last year, but is missing the things I really looked forward to trying, a wildcat set(for Denard, right now I am using one of the 5 wide sets for him), 1 or 2 pistol sets, and a few shotgun sets where the RB is set diagonally from the QB.

Also, I am looking for a playbook that is like what Michigan ran before, when Bo was coach, and I am also looking for a playbook that Michigan ran with Lloyd Carr.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Spread-Option and pro-style playbooks...

Try Florida's playbook mate.... I would say Oregon but they don't have pistol.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

This spread sheet is beyond valuable for selecting a playbook.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink182kb
Try Florida's playbook mate.... I would say Oregon but they don't have pistol.
Yeah Florida's sounds close to what you're wanting. Last year they had the Shotgun Split Flex formation but this year I thing the just have Shotgun Split. They have a pistol formation, and you can run wildcat Gator Heavy.

I don't see how you can run out of the Michigan pb at all. I'm a big State fan but the only successful runs and read options I have come out of the Shotgun formations that have a wing back. I'm dead in the water if I try to run out of a Shotgun 4WR formation. The defense just reacts so quickly its hard to get more than a couple yards.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Rookie

rdfowler's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Ok, I am a big fan of the spread option offense and the pro style offense. I also like the air raid, and flexbone. But I am mainly concerned with spread option and pro style for this post. I want to know what are good spread option playbooks. I tried Michigan's and right now am using Mississippi State's playbook, which I love. But I am really looking for a playbook that is more like what Michigan ran last season. The Michigan base playbook has some of what they ran last year, but is missing the things I really looked forward to trying, a wildcat set(for Denard, right now I am using one of the 5 wide sets for him), 1 or 2 pistol sets, and a few shotgun sets where the RB is set diagonally from the QB.

Also, I am looking for a playbook that is like what Michigan ran before, when Bo was coach, and I am also looking for a playbook that Michigan ran with Lloyd Carr.
Try the playbook calldd multiple playbook cause that's what I use and it has everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Rookie

bhs_tigers_00's Arena

OVR: 2

As you mentioned MSU's playbook is working for me but sounds like its not quite what you're looking for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »