Home

Do you ever hope you lose?

This is a discussion on Do you ever hope you lose? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Do you ever hope you lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
So I'm undefeated in my offline, but with several close games. Now Texas comes to Lincoln, and I know they have better overall talent than I do. In the past, I could almost win every game I wanted to, and would occasionally try to lose if I thought it was realistic.

But now, I think I have it set realistically with Heisman and the sliders. Part of me hopes UT outplays me so I know I can't beat the CPU anytime I want.
Honestly, if you want to lose without handicapping yourself with sliders. Just play on default all american or heisman; but let your coach pick your plays on O and D; A.I. is more unique than previous years, but don't truly adjust to you. That way you will not use your "crutch"/ "go to" plays often.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #18
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, I just hope for a really good game where I feel like there isn't any cheating. Then if I lose, I don't mind it.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:20 AM   #19
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Honestly, if you want to lose without handicapping yourself with sliders. Just play on default all american or heisman; but let your coach pick your plays on O and D; A.I. is more unique than previous years, but don't truly adjust to you. That way you will not use your "crutch"/ "go to" plays often.
I like this. I am going to use this in my upcoming games. I like to exhaust the playbook.

The simple fact of NCAA 11, like all other NCAA versions, is that you will learn the plays which generally result in success. When you get in a tight spot it's easy to abuse these by going to them almost every time.

I like to say I don't do it, but I know I do it here and there lol.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I like this. I am going to use this in my upcoming games. I like to exhaust the playbook.

The simple fact of NCAA 11, like all other NCAA versions, is that you will learn the plays which generally result in success. When you get in a tight spot it's easy to abuse these by going to them almost every time.

I like to say I don't do it, but I know I do it here and there lol.
Hey NDAlum, I usually go with the first play highlighted by the coach as well. I don't scroll through them that often, because most likely there will be a "crutch" play or 2.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

I know what you mean. I use michigan state, so an undefeated season isn't exactly realistic. I've adjusted my sliders now though so that I do sometimes lose games if I don't play perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 01:06 AM   #22
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Hey NDAlum, I usually go with the first play highlighted by the coach as well. I don't scroll through them that often, because most likely there will be a "crutch" play or 2.
Sounds good man. I already institute the "no switching with the ball in the air rule" because it's just too easy to pick of passes and user catch.

I will definitely do this next game...I'll just adjust my coaching strategy before the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
I know what you mean. I use michigan state, so an undefeated season isn't exactly realistic. I've adjusted my sliders now though so that I do sometimes lose games if I don't play perfectly.
Yea if I play perfect football I hope to win, even if I'm the underdog. I beat Iowa 28-10 with Arizona and it felt good.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-31-2010, 01:37 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 9

I don't have to hope to lose..I'm Army in my dynasty lol. 1st season so far I'm 5-5 and I know I'm gonna lose the last 2 games to ND and Navy. So I'll finish the season 5-7, pretty realistic I think with their mostly weak schedule with a few upper teams in there.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:22 AM   #24
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

My first year in my SMU dynasty I opened the season with 23-20 win over Texas Tech. Ok, that's semi-plausible. I then went on to win somewhat competitive games and was 3-0 when #5 TCU came to town. At this point in my program SMU has no business beating TCU or even making it close so I was kind of worried. TCU beat me 37-10 with a balanced and prolific offensive attack and totally dominated on defense. So my worries were unfounded. I finished my first season 8-5 with a 20-17 loss against Cincinatti in the Hawaii Bowl.

I'm playing at AA with every setting at default. It's a perfect and realistic setting for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »