Home

I HATE the 95 ft. tall linebackers!!

This is a discussion on I HATE the 95 ft. tall linebackers!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #17
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I HATE the 95 ft. tall linebackers!!

It's been ridiculous in EA football games since they started, but DBs DO make plays with their backs to the ball. Not to the level of your last instance, but it's not unheard of to see a DB swat a ball away without looking.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
It's been ridiculous in EA football games since they started, but DBs DO make plays with their backs to the ball. Not to the level of your last instance, but it's not unheard of to see a DB swat a ball away without looking.
Yeah, occasionally DB's will make a play like that, what maybe 5-10% of the time? It's about 90% of the time in NCAA DB's make plays without ever being able to see the ball.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Tell me about it. I think it's a mix of slightly over-athletic linemen/LBs and low trajectory/too fast ball speeds.

I just had a game ending INT when I was down by 7 against LSU in the last couple minutes by a leaping linebacker on a pass that should have never been picked off. Coulda been a huge upset too.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 19

Con,
I think missed the point about his slider suggestions. They're meant to get rid of issues such as the OP. They help in gameplay greatly. I see ratings comming alive in the game.

There are speed rushes by fast DE's which force you into the pocket.

Strong DT's actuall push the pocket on single blocks and hold their area (if they are good enough)

No DB mirror etc...

If you really want a challenge, get off the slow speeds!!
Play with these bad boyz on really fast, and you'll find yourself looking at one receiver like real college QB's because of the time with a rush. Or needing to time you ACC burst through the hole.

**NOTE**
If you're playing with default rosters, players ratings a jacked way high.
That's why many LB's and safeties are super fast/quick
Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have the same issue/gripe with the LBs.

I don't mind the CBs knocking down passes without looking as much. In reality, when you are playing CB, and the WR has you beat, you can often tell by watching them when the ball is coming. So you throw your hand up and get lucky every once in a while. Yes, the cpu controlled CBs do it way to much, but at least its possible in reality...

On the other hand, LBs in open space, in zone coverage, turned backwards, should NOT know when a ball is coming over their heads intended for a WR 20 yards behind them. Super annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #22
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

ya i notice the same thing its very annoying
Old 07-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
actually, I believe it is something that can be done with the tuning set. they mentioned tuning down the 'athleticism' of DL in the tuning section of their last blog. I imagine it applies to all positions.

Hopefully you're right but don't assume that it applies to all defensive players.

To add, I hate how a CB can pretty much cover from sideline to at least midfield. I have multiple occasions where a WR will be running a streak down the field and I have a slot WR running a post who is wide open and the corner covering the streak will break off (with out even seeing the ball mind you) and swat the ball thrown to the slot receiver. This frustrates me to no end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »