Home

A hunch on poor computer recruiting

This is a discussion on A hunch on poor computer recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: A hunch on poor computer recruiting

I'm midway thru my 3rd Season with my Dynasty team, San Diego State. So far I haven't experience this as of yet.

Here is how my recruiting has been. I let the CPU fill my board.

1st Season:
My 1st season of recruiting, my board was filled with 1* & 2* players, with maybe (3) 3* players mixed in. All I was able to land was 1* & 2*.

2nd Season:
My San Diego State won the "Armed Force Bowl". My school went from 1* school to 2*. My recruiting board had 2* & 3* players. I was able to pick up (22) 3* players and (3) 2* players that year.

3rd Season:
San Diego State won the "Armed Force Bowl" again. My school went from a 2* school to a 3* school this time. Now this years board has (5) 4* players, and the rest 3*. I was able to land (2) 4* players on my team. (1) 4* Center and (1) 4* DT. I'm still working on the other (3) players, which are close to committing with my team.

I'll let you guys know if something changes on my 4th year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

I think the key to this scenario is the player's interest level.

I noticed with Western Kentucky that although there were some players on my list who had some interest, there were not many. So after I removed all the 5* players, I went into the general recruiting board. Besides the few players on my board who had some interest, there were no teams that had me, even in their top 10. It was like the game decided instead of adding 1 and 2 star players with no reported interest, they might as well try getting 5* players instead.

My hunch as to your recruiting board would be that there might be more people interested in San Diego St. because California pumps out tons and tons of recruits, meaning there are more recruits that feel the hometown effect and have some general interest, but only you could confirm that... I noticed the recruits with any interest in WKU were from Kentucky, which isnt quite a hot-bed for college football recruits.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
I think the key to this scenario is the player's interest level.

I noticed with Western Kentucky that although there were some players on my list who had some interest, there were not many. So after I removed all the 5* players, I went into the general recruiting board. Besides the few players on my board who had some interest, there were no teams that had me, even in their top 10. It was like the game decided instead of adding 1 and 2 star players with no reported interest, they might as well try getting 5* players instead.

My hunch as to your recruiting board would be that there might be more people interested in San Diego St. because California pumps out tons and tons of recruits, meaning there are more recruits that feel the hometown effect and have some general interest, but only you could confirm that... I noticed the recruits with any interest in WKU were from Kentucky, which isnt quite a hot-bed for college football recruits.
You might be right.

I'll give you an update on my year 4th recruits when i finish this season.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #28
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

If the computer is putting in 4 and 5 star recruits for the 1 star teams, isn't it also most likely doing the same for the 2 star, 3 star and 4 star teams? So then how would you drop to the bottom of the 3 star recruits if NOBODY is going after them? Logically if the cpu is directing EVERY team after the 4 and 5 star recruits, nobody is going after the 3 stars - then when the big teams start signing the top recruits ALL of the cpu teams should start going after lower starred recruits that no one has been targeting. I don't see this as a problem if it happens to EVERY team by the cpu (of course I'd like it fixed but I think you're neglecting to see that it's happening to every team - or should be)
Old 08-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #29
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Well... that would explain why I get every 3 star player I want.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #30
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Same thing happened to me in my SDSU dynasty before I axed it. I rarely fill my board to 35 recruits. I usually do around 20-25 so I can concentrate on them. Well, as expected I was having problems recruiting, so I let the CPU auto-fill my board it filled it with guys who I had an unrealistic shot at getting.

We need to be able to set parameters for the "Auto-Filling" like we can in the "Search" screen for prospects.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #31
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
If the computer is putting in 4 and 5 star recruits for the 1 star teams, isn't it also most likely doing the same for the 2 star, 3 star and 4 star teams? So then how would you drop to the bottom of the 3 star recruits if NOBODY is going after them? Logically if the cpu is directing EVERY team after the 4 and 5 star recruits, nobody is going after the 3 stars - then when the big teams start signing the top recruits ALL of the cpu teams should start going after lower starred recruits that no one has been targeting. I don't see this as a problem if it happens to EVERY team by the cpu (of course I'd like it fixed but I think you're neglecting to see that it's happening to every team - or should be)

seems like this was answered about 2 posts before yours, with a theory at least... the middle level teams have more 3* guys interested in them so they will target them first..
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »