Home

This game is too scripted.

This is a discussion on This game is too scripted. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #41
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: This game is too scripted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I din;t have a meltdown and choke at the end of the game. Once I hit the opponents 30 I never completed a pass once all game. That is for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.
Why don't you run the ball then? Whenever i struggle passing, I just pound the ball down their throat. It doesn't work all the time, but hole's are going to open up eventually. The first rule is to never get frustrated by the AI, or by something not working. It'll lead to calling dumb plays and making dumb mistakes. Just chill and call simple runs and short passes until you get something going. I've won a lot of close games just by being relaxed and being patient. I can't say that's what your problem is though, but it helps me play better in situations where it feels like the AI is cheating its way to a comeback.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
This game feels too scripted. Too many times have I had drives where it looks like I am going to score and then it dies or something unbelievable happens.
Yeah, its called sports, do you watch them?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
Yeah, its called sports, do you watch them?
I can quote certain parts of a post and make it look silly too. Don't have to be smart. If you don't have a good answer, just stay out of my topic.

― Plato
Old 08-02-2010, 03:22 AM   #44
All Star

OVR: 33

Its not scripted.

I inexplicably lost to unranked Oklahoma State after thrashing #7 Arkansas and #7 Ohio State at the time. with baylor.

Some games I turn the ball over 6 times. Whatever I do i cannot win. but you win some and you lose some.

Other games i turn it over 0 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:13 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
This game feels too scripted. Too many times have I had drives(or the CPU) where it looks like I am going to score and then it dies or something unbelievable happens.

The last game I just played was a good example. I lost 17-13. I could have easily won the game, but the game did not want me to. First things got iffy when I blocked a punt, but was called offsides because my breath went across the line.

Then I had a drive where my QB was perfect on the drive, then I got to their 35, just outside my kickers FG range. When I got there, my QB missed three straight passes by 10+ yards. That happened numerous times.

Then when I brought the game to 13-14, I punted and stuck them inside their own 10. But guess what happened, on third down they ran up the middle breaking one tackle. Then I had 4 guys wrap the RB up and I figured I made them go three and out. Nope, their RB breaks the gang tackle an picks up 10 more yards and gets the first down. I figured okay, if I play a good solid first two downs again I should be good this time on third. Well, I held them to 2 total yards on1st and 2nd down. Then on third down they threw a screen pass and their RB broke 4 tackles. Yes 4, I counted. This let them run down the clock and kick a FG to go up 17-13 with 2 minutes remaining.

After that I had two more drives, both ending once I got near FG range in the same fashion as I stated before.

I know part of me is just frustrated I lost even though I was the worse team, but the game just felt way too scripted. I would be fine if everything happened in a realistic manner, but the way I lost felt unrealistic and just felt like I lost because the game decided I was not supposed to win.

Thoughts, if any?
My thoughts are the game doesn't feel scripted at all.

We always get this type of post... I am surprised it took this long (or maybe I've just missed the other ones).

I've actually never felt a game was scripted. I find that the games I lose, I lose because I got outplayed or just made too many mistakes. Crazy things do happen in real life (anyone remember the LSU catch against Kentucky a while back?)... Reggie Miller against the Knicks?

I don't know. I just don't feel the same way at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm honestly a little surprised at the amount of people on this site that either don't realize or won't acknowledge that the cpu cheats. Anyone that plays on Heisman would agree that the cpu cheats. I think it's obvious. If you play on AA then it's not as obvious but it happens enough to be noticeable. The cheating doesn't always result in wins for the cpu but it definitely generates turnovers and big plays in it's favor on a consistent basis on Heisman that can not be blamed on anything under your control.

This thread is ridiculous though with how most people are just bashing the op and referencing to real football like this game represents the sport so well gameplay wise or something. Laughable.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:45 AM   #47
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
The game is not scripted. You win some, you lose some.

Do you really think that every game in real life goes exactly how it is "supposed" to go too? Good looking drives die out, momentum shifts suddenly, refs make questionable calls, upsets happen, good players have bad games, good teams have bad days, etc.
I agree. I dont think this game is scripted. My question would be. Why would EA make a scripted game?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-02-2010, 04:57 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
I'm honestly a little surprised at the amount of people on this site that either don't realize or won't acknowledge that the cpu cheats. Anyone that plays on Heisman would agree that the cpu cheats. I think it's obvious. If you play on AA then it's not as obvious but it happens enough to be noticeable. The cheating doesn't always result in wins for the cpu but it definitely generates turnovers and big plays in it's favor on a consistent basis on Heisman that can not be blamed on anything under your control.

This thread is ridiculous though with how most people are just bashing the op and referencing to real football like this game represents the sport so well gameplay wise or something. Laughable.
I play on Heisman and I don't think the CPU cheats at all.

I don't really see people "bashing" the OP. A lot of people seem to disagree with him and are saying as much. Honestly, this is a topic that has been rehashed over and over and over again. There are people who think the AI cheats and people who don't. I've never felt the CPU cheated me out of a game. What else do you want people to say? They are giving their opinions and experiences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »