Home

Craziest game ever...

This is a discussion on Craziest game ever... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Craziest game ever...

WOW I just played the craziest game ever on any NCAA football game. I was playing with Purdue playing against ND. I was down 7 going into half time but I knew I was getting the ball to start the half. Went 3 and out first possesion, then ND drove down the field for a TD and went up 28-14 going into the 4th quarter. But then Purdue started to battle back and got a couple stops on defense and had two big interceptions. I couldn't get it into the endzone and had to settle for 2 FG's with about 3 minutes left. ND had the ball on their own 15 and I got a big time 3 and out and got the ball back around the 40 with a little under 2 minutes to play and down 8.

Marched the ball all the way down the field picking up a huge 3rd and 15 play to Bolden to score the go ahead TD and needing a 2 point conversion to tie it with about 20 seconds left. Marve (QB) had gotten injured the play before and the backup threw the TD. So I called 5 wide and had a player (believe it was Bolden) wide open on a curl route and the ball was thrown and hit the guy in the chest but he dropped it. I was devastated, came all the way back with 20 seconds left to have a wide open receiver drop the tying score.

But wait, theres more. Forced to onside kick and with no time outs, things looked pretty bleak. Called the onside kick and somehow recovered it after it bounced off a ND defender. So now Im on my own 40 with a little under 20 seconds left, back up qb, no time outs, and down 2. First play was a pass over the middle (thinking they would cover the sidelines) and hit Siller with about a 20 yard pass, and I get to the line and spike it with about 11 seconds left on about their 40. Since it was still too far for a fg I tried a quick out to the sideline but it was overthrow...7 seconds left. Next call basically a hail mary and hit Keith Smith over the middle with another 20 yard pass and 1 second left. Run the fg unit out on the field while the refs set the chains, everyone is in place for the kick. Ref sets the ball down, I hike it and.......The game was over. The time keeper for ND had a quick trigger and they didnt let me get the play off. Had a 30 something yard fg to win the game and I didnt get to kick it. One of the craziest games I've ever played
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Craziest game ever...

Hehe not bad love the onsides kick this year because sometimes you can get it and sometimes you cant but at least you still have a shot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »