Home

anyone else hate the icing the kicker feature

This is a discussion on anyone else hate the icing the kicker feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: anyone else hate the icing the kicker feature

I would rather have Madden's new system over what we have now. They could make it better and go with APF's style. When it comes to special teams, APF 2k8 has had the best in a football game ever. Botched snaps, bad snaps, snaps over the head, etc. And blocks were possible in it too.

EA needs to top APF's special teams play and we'll have the ability to play Beamer ball.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #42
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
WatsonTiger, how is it accurate?
Because the sensitivity of the power/angle bar is raised, making it more "conscious" for the kicker, much like in real-life.

@AdamdotH
Old 08-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #43
Rookie

Shizz420's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes I hate it, it just cost me a game online when a cheeser (who I let in the game too long with dumb INTs and a silly 3rd down play to set up 35 yd kick with :08 left) called TO to ice the kicker.

Not only has the view changed, but it is shaking (normal, used to that), AND, the biggest FU of it all, the meter has ice all over it. That's just stupid. I didn't play my best game but I deserved OT the way I played defense and special teams in the second half, and to lose it on something I have never seen, and can't even practice, is weaksauce.

Go back to the meter Madden is using, the old school is the best and hardest to be consistently good at; but don't make things harder by obstructing the tool used to kick! That's just cheese and bogus!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #44
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

My problems with it are:

1. The defense can call all 3 of its timeouts in a row if it wants to at the end of a game. Annoying, and should be fixed.

2. It literally blocks the entire top part of the meter. I'm just supposed to guess when the meter gets up there, and what direction its going? Its like as if kickers IRL have to guess how much power they're putting into their kicks just because they feel some pressure, and guess what last second adjustments they need to make (simulated by being able to move the right stick around even after you flick the stick how you want it) to get the kick.

3. For online games its already hard enough to kick effectively due to lag. I can't imagine how hard it must be to get the GW FG with the factors of ice the kicker and lag. Not sure if it is on in online games, haven't played that many and hasn't gotten to that point in any of them.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

Sounds like someone has sour grapes over missing a kick. Personally, I dont like the ice the kicker feature. IMO, every pressure packed kick should go automatically to the ice the kicker angle. Either that or give kickers a clutch rating and the higher your kickers clutch, the smaller chance there is for the ice the kicker angle to come up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »