Home

Adaptive AI in 2011

This is a discussion on Adaptive AI in 2011 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
Banned

silentrob's Arena

OVR: 1
Adaptive AI in 2011

Just wondering what people's read was on how the AI tracks your tendencies this year. It may just be that I am not observing closely enough, but I'm looking for some insights. Does the AI base its decisions on your past play call by

A) Down & distance?
B) What you usually call from a particular formation?
C) The type of play you've been calling (inside run, short pass routes, etc)?

Just wondering whether if, for example, I always throw a screen on 2nd and long, but do it from different formations every time, will the AI adjust (points A and C) or not adjust because I've varied the formations, things like that.

Thanks for any insights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Banned

silentrob's Arena

Re: Adaptive AI in 2011

No one knows how this works? (I don't buy this game every year, so if it works the same as past years, I'm not really sure how it works then, either.)
Old 08-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

To me I run option all day up the gut so they bring up 8 in the box so I guess their adapting I guess idk
Old 08-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I've seen it if you run the zone reads and read option too much, the LB's will blitz like hell and blow the play up, even if you make the right read, you lose 4 yards.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
Banned

silentrob's Arena

I did play a bit last year, and was always wondering how best to "set up" plays without overusing them to the point where I had established a certain tendency. My gut feeling was that the AI adjustments were mainly based on distance to go, rather than down or formations used, but I could very well be mistaken on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I don't know "how it works" but the CPU defense does adjust to my playcalling. They adjust to inside run, outside run, run to left, run to right, speed option, etc.

I love it because it forces me to read what they are doing and hope I'm reading their presnap look correctly.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
Banned

silentrob's Arena

So your impression is that their adjustments will show in their alignment? That is good to know, as well as realistic. I get worried that sometime the "adjustment" the AI makes is just to beat the blockers better on a particular play or something like that. But as long as you can see what they are trying to do and have to adjust to it, that should make for some realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »