Home

I know I'm glad EA missed this..

This is a discussion on I know I'm glad EA missed this.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #25
Rookie

Bender18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I know I'm glad EA missed this..

It's not just about what the jersey looks like close up. What really matters to me is what the team as a whole looks like in the jerseys when you see them from the stands or are watching them on television. And this is where simplicity is key.

Aka why I love the Rutgers uniforms.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
I'll stick with these, thank you very much.

I like them in this photo better
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #27
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Someone here mentioned the piping/stripes on the Michigan Adidas jerseys being ugly. I disagree--I actually like it (as a Michigan alum). That said, I think jerseys were better across college football circa 2000-04 than they are now. Case in point:

Simple. Sleek. Traditional. Same with Michigan State's--the old jerseys were fine. The new ones (and Minnesota's new ones) look like a imitation jersey from Steve & Barry's.

If you're a school like Michigan...the helmet is your calling card. I don't like how Adidas lightened the home navy blue color and added distracting details. For Michigan State, I actually like the Spartan logo on the helmet as opposed to the "S", but solid green and solid white should be good enough. It's the font used on "SPARTANS" that really annoys me...

College sports are supposed to be about tradition. You should be able to hold up a picture of Anthony Carter and recognize the jersey as roughly similar to Desmond Howard, Braylon Edwards, or Tate Forcier. I'm not a fan of trying to jazz up college uniforms like we're designing unis for the Orlando Breakers or something.

Last edited by StormJH1; 08-03-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #28
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtothejizA

I like them in this photo better
I don't see why you like the new uniforms so much, look how much better the old ones are

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

Last edited by dan_457; 08-03-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtothejizA
We dominated the game last year but it was close due to our d coordinator going into prevent defense mode halfway through the 3rd quarter. MSU will be much better this year and UM will be much worse. I foresee a 3 TD win.

There is no new logo. Older people tend to hate the new look, which is understandable.
No it was close due to MSU's pathetic pass defense showing it's true colors late in the 2nd half when Michigan finally started passing when they had to. Quite frankly if they would started to throw the ball more often earlier instead of trying to run it against MSU, I doubt MSU would have had the lead they did. You realize MSU had quite possibly the worst pass defense in the Big Ten last year, they were even worse than Michigan statistical.

MSU much better based on what? MSU's weakness last year was pass defense, they may be a little better in that regard, but signficantly better considering the same players are returning in the secondary. On offense other than RB I don't see a huge amount of growth potential, alot of upperclassmen with less room for growth on that side of the ball.

Michigan much worse based on what? Being a extremely young team last year that has plenty of potential for growth this year. An offense that is expected to be good/ improved and put up more points along with 2 good options at QB. A defense that at the very least can't be any worse, and has a good bit of room for growth. A turnover margin that has the potential to be better this season. No expert/analyst in their right mind would say Michigan will be much worse or has said that for that matter.

Man, how confident MSU fans become after 2 wins over UM and a 6-7 season. 3 td margin, that is just laughable. Like I said you guys crack me up. All the sweeter when UM puts MSU back in it's place starting this year.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-03-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #30
Rookie

Dos Peninsulas's Arena

OVR: 3

I heard that MSU unvielded the jerseys a week late, otherwise they would have been in the game. One of the reasons I didn't buy the game was because they wouldn't have the new MSU jerseys in them. Such a drastic change not being in the game would have bugged me way too much. Plus I'm waiting for FIFA 11.

While I hated the new jerseys at first, they've grown on me. I still think the pants are terrible (you can't see them in the pics here, but there's a green arc on the back), and I think last year's were perfect in every way, but these new ones are alright.

Now, what they did to the basketball and hockey jerseys, that's a travesty.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

God I love living in Big Ten country. A simple talk about MSU uniforms has now evolved into straight X's and O's big ten football. Sparty's uni's suck and Northwestern will own all.... /end thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 10

hmmmm I guess I'm against everyone else. i think they would look real sharp with green pants and I'm a Michigan fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »