Home

Bad teams with fullbacks?

This is a discussion on Bad teams with fullbacks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Bad teams with fullbacks?

So, when the patch and tuner files come out and all, I intend to start an offline dynasty with a teambuilder school that I create.

I haven't decided much, but I know what kind of offensive coordinator I am. I'm a run-first I-form west coast type of guy. Obviously, running back is a high priority.

But the problem is, with so many schools using spread offenses, there are a lot of teams that simply don't have a fullback. And the starting roster I want to use for my teambuilder team needs to have some fullbacks.

And I want to start with a bad team and build them up from the bottom.

So, what are some BAD teams (1* teams, 60s overall) that actually have FBs on the roster... maybe teams that have a "Pro Style" playbook and are bad?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Bad teams with fullbacks?

Hmm, looks like the following schools have low overall and run a pro-style:

Akron, FAU, Tulane, Western Kentucky

Also, San Jose State runs Multiple and is bad overall.
And Army runs the option, and is pretty bad overall.

Anyone have any suggestions amongst these 5 teams, or know of any other rosters that are this terrible in quality, yet do definitely have fullbacks on the roster?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Army's fullback is quick, they have some decent to promising players at RB also. The two starting WBs are Seniors and the backups are Sophomores, including Lonnie Liggins who is a pretty fast guy.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I like Western Kentucky. They have a fullback, but he's definitely not that great. Unfortunately however, their starting running back, Rainey, has gotten hurt for me both times I've played as them, the first time in the first game for 11 weeks, and the second time in the first game for the season. He's one of the best players on the team so it hurts when he goes down. Also their corners are atrocious so stopping the pass is almost impossible.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelins313
Army's fullback is quick, they have some decent to promising players at RB also. The two starting WBs are Seniors and the backups are Sophomores, including Lonnie Liggins who is a pretty fast guy.
I'm not necessarily looking for a fast FB so much as a run blocking full back. Blocking is the number one priority...but I can't just put a lineman at fullback because I do like to hand it off to the FB or throw to him on occasion. How good is Army's FB at lead blocking? Hard to say since a Triple Option FB doesn't really block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk886
I like Western Kentucky. They have a fullback, but he's definitely not that great. Unfortunately however, their starting running back, Rainey, has gotten hurt for me both times I've played as them, the first time in the first game for 11 weeks, and the second time in the first game for the season. He's one of the best players on the team so it hurts when he goes down. Also their corners are atrocious so stopping the pass is almost impossible.
If I really wanted to, I could always tweak up his Injury rating. He's only a 78...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Hmm, looks like the following schools have low overall and run a pro-style:

Akron, FAU, Tulane, Western Kentucky

Also, San Jose State runs Multiple and is bad overall.
And Army runs the option, and is pretty bad overall.

Anyone have any suggestions amongst these 5 teams, or know of any other rosters that are this terrible in quality, yet do definitely have fullbacks on the roster?
Doing a SJSU right now (year 2) and there FB is pretty lousy. Can't block, rarely is able to catch the ball, and cant hold on to the ball worth a damn
Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
From The Ashes

xOLDBHOYx's Arena

OVR: 13

Im running with Arkansas State and their FB is pretty good

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »