Home

I just played a game and had ZERO possessions

This is a discussion on I just played a game and had ZERO possessions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #41
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: I just played a game and had ZERO possessions

0 possessions? Bravo sir. Bravo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 05:41 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

[quote=Pogo27;2041427437]Because that's not very realistic. I know at least one FBS school (and it may have even been an SEC school) opened one of their games with an onside kick.

I remember a while back Philly opened their game against Dallas doing this. They tried a year or two later and Dallas recovered, and scored the fastest TD in NFL history. Randal Williams scored in 3 second, that's some 40 time, lol.

http://thelongestlistofthelongeststu...fastest21.html

Last edited by SC0RCH; 08-06-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #43
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

[quote=SC0RCH;2041428633]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Because that's not very realistic. I know at least one FBS school (and it may have even been an SEC school) opened one of their games with an onside kick.

I remember a while back Philly opened their game against Dallas doing this. They tried a year or two later and Dallas recovered, and scored the fastest TD in NFL history. Randal Williams scored in 3 second, that's some 40 time, lol.

I think the Titans started a game doing 3 or 4 onside kicks in the first quarter a few years ago.

edit: here it is

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241205011

Last edited by Polo Bandit; 08-06-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #44
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

[quote=SC0RCH;2041428633]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Because that's not very realistic. I know at least one FBS school (and it may have even been an SEC school) opened one of their games with an onside kick.

I watched that game LOL...we had Quincy Carter back then i loved that game
Old 08-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #45
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

I had a guy that put a wide receiver in at kicker, then would just do a short bloop kick over my front line every time. He always recovered. The only way I got the ball was to force a few turnovers. I've never hated another gamer so much. I stuck through it too, because I wanted to try to make it miserable for him. Next time I face somebody like that, I might just run all of my defense away from them so they score in 1 play every time, apparently that's what get's these guys off anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

[quote=Pogo27;2041427437]Because that's not very realistic. I know at least one FBS school (and it may have even been an SEC school) opened one of their games with an onside kick.[quote]

It was Alabama that opened the game with an onsides kick against Tennessee in Nick Saban's first season as coach. It was the game where they had just suspended a bunch of players for the text book fiasco. I believe it was in 2007.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

[quote=Polo Bandit;2041428826]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC0RCH

I think the Titans started a game doing 3 or 4 onside kicks in the first quarter a few years ago.

edit: here it is

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241205011
I remember that game well. As a Colts fan it was pretty surprising, but still fun to watch - especially since the Colts still ended up blowing them out. Gotta credit Jeff Fisher though, he has massive cojones for even trying it.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:44 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
I had a guy that put a wide receiver in at kicker, then would just do a short bloop kick over my front line every time. He always recovered. The only way I got the ball was to force a few turnovers. I've never hated another gamer so much. I stuck through it too, because I wanted to try to make it miserable for him. Next time I face somebody like that, I might just run all of my defense away from them so they score in 1 play every time, apparently that's what get's these guys off anyway.
Just did this to a guy. He was cheesing me with alabama, running the wildcat every play and onside kick every single time. - - I was practicing my air raid skills with La. Tech. He did the kicker thing as well.

Eventually I just started running d away from him , running punt return as defense. He started getting angry, i denied all of his mercy requests.

Anyway, I had one other bad experience online, and the other team was alabama as well. I will never play alabama on-line again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »