Home

RTG progression

This is a discussion on RTG progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

doomsday72499's Arena

OVR: 5
RTG progression

What are the best ways to move your RTG student along with his ratings?

Is it based on the increased ratings during the weeks when you are in gym? Does awareness increases have a correlation with reviewing the playbook/GPA? Does game performance count?

Just finished year 1 (started out 5* QB rated 84 ovr and and entering yr 2 have a 87 ovr...but threw tons and tons of TDs (varsity level)....arm strength and accurracy went up like 2 pts each...but awareness only moved like 3....even though completion rating was great and QB rating was great too..

Any help appreciated....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Rookie

tommy4uf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: RTG progression

Throughout the years of playing RTG, i think that i have found that the evening event points only go towards that week, b/c if they went to my running and awarness rating i would be 99 by the middle of the season. I think you progress faster when you become an upper classmen. You only gained 3 OVR points in 2 years, but i know you get a lot of points during the week with youe evening events. I dont think that there is a way to increase your rating, all you can hope to do is be a 5star guy and you will progress at max rate. The only cheat i know is that you can buy guaranteed 5star guy with the cheat you can download through the ps store. I would like to know if there is anything you can do to progress faster, b/c i have certainly not found a way yet
Old 08-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Rookie

doomsday72499's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy4uf
Throughout the years of playing RTG, i think that i have found that the evening event points only go towards that week, b/c if they went to my running and awarness rating i would be 99 by the middle of the season. I think you progress faster when you become an upper classmen. You only gained 3 OVR points in 2 years, but i know you get a lot of points during the week with youe evening events. I dont think that there is a way to increase your rating, all you can hope to do is be a 5star guy and you will progress at max rate. The only cheat i know is that you can buy guaranteed 5star guy with the cheat you can download through the ps store. I would like to know if there is anything you can do to progress faster, b/c i have certainly not found a way yet
If I get you right...I think the "cheat" is just how your RTG starts as a 5*...I was able to get mine to be a 5* but want to get his awareness (for example) up since I started at like 48 (now, after 1 year...have 51)

I would think (first mistake)that if you did like tons of playbook stuff and high academics that maybe your awareness would move up faster from year to year...just really would like to know if there is some rhyme or reason for the adjustments...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

There is no permanent correlation between your practice/evening events and your ratings. They are only temporary. They do help you play better, but the effect is erased after the game.

The only way to improve your ratings on a permanent basis is to commit to a school that you are NOT the starter and do all the practices necessary to become the starter. The practices, upon successful completion, will reward you with ratings boosts, sometimes just +1 per category, but sometimes greater. I've seen category boosts of +3 before, and even higher, depending on if you begin as the 2nd string player. Once you're the starter at your position, you will never move out of the #1 spot, and no further ratings boosts are available. No further practices are needed.

I'm not 100% clear on the season-to-season progression philosophy. I believe it has something to do with your performance for the season, but there could be other factors. One thing's for sure though... The whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense, and needs to be overhauled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »