Home

Server Down Time

This is a discussion on Server Down Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Server Down Time

You can play 5 years...however, after that, the game is unplayable. And with the new tuners (whenever they arrive) you have to start new anyhows.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
You can play 5 years...however, after that, the game is unplayable. And with the new tuners (whenever they arrive) you have to start new anyhows.
Really? Are you an EA Sports rep? Cuz if not, you know jack **** just like everyone else. For one, the last EA game that used tuners did NOT have to have franchise/dynasty restarted.

The game isn't unplayable. Just because the depth charts are jacked *5 YEARS* into play doesn't make the game unplayable, and again ITS BEING FIXED. You act like there hasn't been a damn blog released WITH AN ESTIMATED TIME THE TUNERS ARE COMING OUT.

Man, I swear. Half the people don't read ****, and the rest make up lies. Like 1% of us are just NORMAL.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Really? Are you an EA Sports rep? Cuz if not, you know jack **** just like everyone else. For one, the last EA game that used tuners did NOT have to have franchise/dynasty restarted.

The game isn't unplayable. Just because the depth charts are jacked *5 YEARS* into play doesn't make the game unplayable, and again ITS BEING FIXED. You act like there hasn't been a damn blog released WITH AN ESTIMATED TIME THE TUNERS ARE COMING OUT.

Man, I swear. Half the people don't read ****, and the rest make up lies. Like 1% of us are just NORMAL.
Getting angry in the AM over a blog isn't very normal IMO, just correct dudes false information and move on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Hell, in the blog they even try to give you some kind of idea what goes into the development cycle so you can see how a bug like this can "slip by" - you're so on your high horse "wah-wah, I expect it to be finished" that you have no idea the complexity involved in making the game as great as it is... then they realize something is amiss and ARE FIXING IT.

You ain't the only one who bought it, don't act elite.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #13
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm

You dont have to re-start! Who told you you need to start again? It will fix the issue as soon as the next time you recreate the recruiting board, season starts!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyK
Getting angry in the AM over a blog isn't very normal IMO, just correct dudes false information and move on
Not angry at all... just bored of seeing the same posts over and over again with the same whining and bitching, by the same people that will praise EA's name if this tuner set is even a slight upgrade... I'm not a EA fanboy either, but geez... the company can't win - I mean WOULD YOU make an effort to reach out to this community with the way people in general act? I wouldn't...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Hell, in the blog they even try to give you some kind of idea what goes into the development cycle so you can see how a bug like this can "slip by" - you're so on your high horse "wah-wah, I expect it to be finished" that you have no idea the complexity involved in making the game as great as it is... then they realize something is amiss and ARE FIXING IT.

You ain't the only one who bought it, don't act elite.
Actually I do understand the complexity. Re-read what is said about the updates for it's political nature. Ian Cummings or whoever wrote that statement never actually states why the game is glitched, he just spews out a plethora of deterring stats and states, "it's so many things to get right somethings slip." In reality these things don't slip. My friends are game testers and they told me the specifically put in catchable bugs so they can release updates--in these updates they sneak in codes to cut off hackers and modded boxes. Not only is this comming from a reliable source, there is no other logical explanation for them to miss such minute things.

Last edited by SwiftyK; 08-05-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #16
Banned

I don't care if I'm right, wrong, or this guy has the innate ability of testing people complexity levels through the computer screen--When I BUY a product, I intend on buying a finished product, theres no if and butts about it--that is not whining, thats being a normal consumer, so maybe you are crazy because that doesn't seem so far fetched
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »