Home

Best way to sim the recruiting process?

This is a discussion on Best way to sim the recruiting process? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Best way to sim the recruiting process?

I'm wondering if there is a way to sim the recruiting process while doing very little work, like adding 15-20 guys max to the board. Then once it dips below 10 add another 10 etc.

I just don't have the patience to keep recruiting manually so was looking for the best way to get a class that would best resemble the type of talent i would get if i recruited manually. I also notice that the cpu doesn't compare your strengths to the other teams weaknesses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Best way to sim the recruiting process?

Well, you can just leave recruiting assistance on and let it sim that way. The CPU probably won't recruit as well as you could but I don't think you can be bothered with that it seems. That or just don't play dynasty if you don't want to recruit your own players, what's the point then really?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I get what he's saying. I love playing dynasty, but I don't like to take 15 minutes to do recruiting in between all of my games, least of all during a bye week. I preferred when recruiting was relegated to the offseason only, leaving the season free to focus on winning.

I too am interested in how to maximize CPU recruiting for the regular season. What I'd like to do is select my targets and let the CPU have at it, but check in every week to see if there are any players that I need to remove/add. Also, I'd probably handle all of the visit scheduling and stuff. I'm gonna try this both on Varsity and All-American recruiting difficulty and then I'll report back tomorrow sometime.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

There's 3 options under Coaching Strategy for CPU Assistance:

1. To have the CPU add recruits to your board - turn this to OFF
2. To have the CPU offer scholarships - turn this to ON
3. To have the CPU schedule visits - turn this to ON

You'll have to pick your own targets and keep an eye on whether or not you need to add or remove targets and if there are particular guys you want to devote special attention to, you can; but the CPU will take care of everything else with whatever time you leave unused.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
I get what he's saying. I love playing dynasty, but I don't like to take 15 minutes to do recruiting in between all of my games, least of all during a bye week. I preferred when recruiting was relegated to the offseason only, leaving the season free to focus on winning.
It want take you 15 minutes to recruit if you spent some time doing where you get better at it. After playing this game for 12 years now I can recruit in 5 minutes. Its the best part of the game, when it works right. You want find to many people here that would ever want to just recruit in the off season. Like someone said why even play dynasty mode if you don't want to do the one thing the mode is set up to do. Why do you think they call it "Dynasty Mode". It's because you are trying to build a dynasty and to do that you have to recruit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
There's 3 options under Coaching Strategy for CPU Assistance:

1. To have the CPU add recruits to your board - turn this to OFF
2. To have the CPU offer scholarships - turn this to ON
3. To have the CPU schedule visits - turn this to ON

You'll have to pick your own targets and keep an eye on whether or not you need to add or remove targets and if there are particular guys you want to devote special attention to, you can; but the CPU will take care of everything else with whatever time you leave unused.
Yeah, I've read/heard this before. It seems like the best quick way to do recruiting.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »