Home

What does awareness affect?

This is a discussion on What does awareness affect? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What does awareness affect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This is very funny.
We ask Dev's to answer our ?'s, and when they do, folks are still not satisfied.

Russ stated, as one who helped build the game, what AWR did for "NCAA FOOTBALL", not Madden. Everybody has to be an "Expert" because they've done/tested this or that in their homes. But I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about, huh?

Some of you guys just try too hard and read too much into things.

This should be LOCKED or DELETED!!!
Why should the thread be locked or deleted?

I don't see anyone in this thread acting imature....they are simply giving their opinion on the matter.

Based on your response there would be 10 threads per day locked if you go by those standards.

Yes the EA rep stated an opinion and someone also posted a direct link to another EA rep's opinion on this matter.......

Both games have a rating called awareness. Are we suppose to assume that the same rating for both games don't really react the same way on the field?

I guess the easiest way to find out is to take your entire defense and put them at 5 awareness and play a full game then tell us what happend in that game. The next game take the entire defense at give them 99 awareness and if you see no difference in reaction time by the defenders then I guess we are all wrong and awareness means absolutely nothing.

Based on what i've seen from NCAA 07, 08, 09 and 10 that rating means a lot on the field because I've tweaked it every year myself. I've posted videos in the highlight thread and my slider thread occasionally showing how certain players react with a higher awareness vs a lower awareness player.

It's no coincendence that when I showed an Option QB with higher awareness ratings he did much better than the option QB's that didn't

Now it doesn't make them (Option QB's) 100x's better but atleast it makes them respectable to a ceratin extent where they can actually run the option and see the field better while doing it.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #50
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29

Awareness plays different rolls for different positions. QB Awareness is often usless since you are going to user controll the QB.

On defense. for say like a CB when the ball is in the air, High awareness will help that CB find the ball in the Air faster than a CB who has lower awareness. The CB with high awareness will turn his head to the ball sooner where as the Lower awareness CB will often neglect the ball in the Air and Play the WR (which means Less INTs). but that is just one small example.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Old 08-06-2010, 04:26 AM   #51
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I really think RBk, PBK and BTK are useless. If you look at the NCAA ratings, the highest RBk and PBK guys are random true frosh who have 95+ but are about 70 OVR.

In Madden the guys who seem most likely to break out of gang tackles are guys like Reggie Bush and Steve Smith (Panthers). They have really high ELU but that should only help in the open field, not breaking tackles. This needs to be looked at.
Honestly, you could have been talking about pancake recipes and I'd appreciate you right now, just for bringing out some actual factual information from THE DEVELOPER on here. I'm so sick of every 5 posts someone saying "Oh, I know for a FACT that it does this" - or "I understand this rating completely and you're wrong" garbage. Thanks for breaking thru the garbage with one of the best posts I've seen in a long time, even if it was just a copy from one of EA's developers. THANK YOU. (I didn't want to quote the post with all the AWR stuff in it, but that is obviously the post to which I am referring!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 AM   #52
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So then in Madden when it says Peyton Manning is the highest rated QB in awareness that means nothing right?

I find it hard to believe that Awarness in NCAA means nothing and on Madden it means everything

Unless EA's developers have two seperate agenda's I'm going to assume awareness in NCAA functions the same way it does in Madden.
Which is highly doubtful (different agendas) considering the players have to start from some sort of common ground to transmit to Madden through draft classes. I am sure when Russ looks at that and posts back here (if he does) about the awareness rating, that we will see something very similar.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here's a little thought. For the guys that believe awareness means nothing just ignore the numbers and play those guys who have little to no awareness. I will still use this rating as best I can and watch those guys with high awareness make great plays. If the guys with high awareness continue to make great plays time after time then how can it not mean anything?
Old 08-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm gonna run a simple unscientific test. Two teams rated exactly the same except one team with zero AWR and the other with 99 AWR. Also, both teams' QBs will have 99 AWR since it affects QBs choosing receivers. If the High-AWR team wins consistently over multiple tests, then I think we can say definitively that it still affects gameplay.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #55
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
I'm gonna run a simple unscientific test. Two teams rated exactly the same except one team with zero AWR and the other with 99 AWR. Also, both teams' QBs will have 99 AWR since it affects QBs choosing receivers. If the High-AWR team wins consistently over multiple tests, then I think we can say definitively that it still affects gameplay.
If you could let us know how much you have to jack up one teams other stats to keep the same overall with 0 awareness I would find that interesting info as well.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
No AWR has very little to nothing to do with that. What controls that is what year your QB is. You can create a freshman QB with 99AWR and go play at Florida and you won't be able to see your routes and half of your WR icons will be ? marks.
-thanks for the info. I like this feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »