Home

My initial impression of tuned recruits

This is a discussion on My initial impression of tuned recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
My initial impression of tuned recruits

I've simmed a couple of seasons to check out the new ratings of recruits and I'm a little disappointed at what I see.

WR: Still no elusiveness. There are WR's coming in at higher ratings overall but there elusiveness is still garbage. Arizona for instance got a 73 overall WR with good speed that was like 5-10 176...with 35 overall elusiveness. There are still no elusive WR's in the first two years...

AWR: This is a little better (stressing a little). There are a couple guys I've seen coming in with Awr in the 70's, but for the most part it is still 40-50's even for the top recruits.

K: Also just a little better, there does seem to be more kickers that actually have some power, but there are still a number of 40-50 power kickers. As of right now (yr3) things are fine, I might need to go to year 5 or 6 to see.

Progression seemed to effect awareness more for my QB recruits, and but it seemed completely random overall for other positions, with some not getting much of a boost at all.

Just to note--they really need to do something about the cpu depth chart. It is completely out of whack. Maybe that will be included in a patch?

Also, Stanford won the championship in year #2. Bama, Stanford and Wisconsin all went undefeated and it ended up being Stanford and Wisconsin in the championship game...Bama finished undefeated and #2...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My initial impression of tuned recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
I've simmed a couple of seasons to check out the new ratings of recruits and I'm a little disappointed at what I see.

WR: Still no elusiveness. There are WR's coming in at higher ratings overall but there elusiveness is still garbage. Arizona for instance got a 73 overall WR with good speed that was like 5-10 176...with 35 overall elusiveness. There are still no elusive WR's in the first two years...

AWR: This is a little better (stressing a little). There are a couple guys I've seen coming in with Awr in the 70's, but for the most part it is still 40-50's even for the top recruits.

K: Also just a little better, there does seem to be more kickers that actually have some power, but there are still a number of 40-50 power kickers. As of right now (yr3) things are fine, I might need to go to year 5 or 6 to see.

Progression seemed to effect awareness more for my QB recruits, and but it seemed completely random overall for other positions, with some not getting much of a boost at all.

Just to note--they really need to do something about the cpu depth chart. It is completely out of whack. Maybe that will be included in a patch?

Also, Stanford won the championship in year #2. Bama, Stanford and Wisconsin all went undefeated and it ended up being Stanford and Wisconsin in the championship game...Bama finished undefeated and #2...
So the WR's are all still Roy Williams and Michael Clayton clones?

Geez.

This better be patched, I thought the tuner set would fix this?

The kickers are still rubber legged as well? I think he (Russ) said that would be patched....I hope.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

No disrespect but you should re-read the blogs which detail what the tuner sets change, and also what needs to be patched later.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

For WRs: The low elusiveness, juke, etc. ratings for WRs was intentional, and the EA team balanced it out by having CBs with low tackle.

For AWR: apparently all it affects is QB play in the sim logic anyway.

Note: the above two are from Russ in the Tuner update thread.

The CPU depth chart is still a mystery though. If that is still messed up post-tuner, that's a shame.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Rookie

tjm80's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
This is a BCS problem, not an EA problem. Reason #868403 why we need a playoff!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lable-now.html

No need for another thread about tuners. If you read that one, you would have answers to some of your issues. Specifically the WR issue.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Awareness is a rating that deals only with a quarterback's ability to pass the ball. Russell Kinroy has been in the tuner thread posting to clear up misinformation.

We should stop focusing on ratings that we truly don't understand and try actually playing the game.

The guys at EA made a great blog about their progression updates, read it all the way through.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
We should stop focusing on ratings that we truly don't understand and try actually playing the game.
I have given serious thought to making this my sig. Well said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »