Home

Is there a point to returning kickoffs?

This is a discussion on Is there a point to returning kickoffs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Is there a point to returning kickoffs?

I am more concerned about the CPU's complete inability to take a return back against me or threaten to take one back for that matter. 30 yards would seem like a big return for the CPU.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-05-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #10
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

This is one of the things I hope doesn't become "Easy Street" after the patch because people arn't used to having to do anything at all on kick returns to get 35-40 yards

Id much rather have it hard like it is now and return 4-5 over the span of a bunch of games(which is what Ive done).............compared to the past where I could return one every other game.

Hated having to make my own rules to only do 1 user return a game

I really dont trust EA to not overcorrect.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
This is one of the things I hope doesn't become "Easy Street" after the patch because people arn't used to having to do anything at all on kick returns to get 35-40 yards

Id much rather have it hard like it is now and return 4-5 over the span of a bunch of games(which is what Ive done).............compared to the past where I could return one every other game.

Hated having to make my own rules to only do 1 user return a game

I really dont trust EA to not overcorrect.
That is fine for the user as I have taken some kickoffs back, but it doesn't really help the CPU take one back against me.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryestye
I've taken a couple to the house. Try getting past the first 2 or 3 guys up the middel and then taking a sharp turn left or right. You can find yourself in the daylight from time to time.

My technique is similar to this one. I go outside, generally to the left, then go inside and usually break it back outside. Works for punts and kickoff, I have returned a couple of both.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

I have always simmed kick-offs, just because the cpu does not follow its blockers. You will see a big difference based on their KR overall. Players with great speed but low overall won't average much, while players with a higher overall will generally get more yards and sometimes take it to the house
Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
MVP

kickoffs are fine. Punt Returns are a different story. I played 2 full seasons, and of my 2 full seasons, my longest punt return was 7 yards. The outside gunners blow right through the blockers every single time.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #15
Rookie

nmm666's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
kickoffs are fine. Punt Returns are a different story. I played 2 full seasons, and of my 2 full seasons, my longest punt return was 7 yards. The outside gunners blow right through the blockers every single time.
I have this problem too, but since I've only played about 10 games with one team, I wasn't sure if it was the game or just my players. I remember a similar problem with Madden a few years ago. I eventually just started fair catching everything just to avoid fumbles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
That is fine for the user as I have taken some kickoffs back, but it doesn't really help the CPU take one back against me.
This is a big part of my concern, too. I'll probably get better on returns in time, thanks in part to the suggestions mentioned here, but if there isn't at least a chance the AI will do the same to me, that really isn't very fair or sporting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »