Home

Scheduling recruit visits on bye weeks..yay or nay?

This is a discussion on Scheduling recruit visits on bye weeks..yay or nay? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Scheduling recruit visits on bye weeks..yay or nay?

In my Michigan State dynasty I usually have a couple weeks at the end of the season that are bye weeks. Sometimes this is the first chance I get at having a recruit visit. The recruit visits and I usually get a grade that is either a C or D even with the right pitches unlocked. So, is having a recruit visit during a bye week helping me, or hurting me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Scheduling recruit visits on bye weeks..yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don flamenco
In my Michigan State dynasty I usually have a couple weeks at the end of the season that are bye weeks. Sometimes this is the first chance I get at having a recruit visit. The recruit visits and I usually get a grade that is either a C or D even with the right pitches unlocked. So, is having a recruit visit during a bye week helping me, or hurting me?
Definitely nay! Ideally, you should schedule your visits either for rivalry games or games against top 25 teams.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkdawg
Definitely nay! Ideally, you should schedule your visits either for rivalry games or games against top 25 teams.
I think he's saying that the bye weeks are the only chance he has to schedule them.

And in that case, I think that it is better to have them come in a bye week than to not have them come at all. Not 100% sure, but that's what I've always thought.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

woops. I wasn't clear. A lot of times week 14 or 15 is the first time I am able to schedule a visit because the recruits interest was previously not high enough. Usually the last week I have a scheduled game is week 13 so there is nothing to do but recruit the last 2 weeks. Obviously I want them in for rivalry games, but that's not always an option. So, what helps me more...having a recruit visit for what will surely be a C or D rated visit or just devoting more recruiting time to that recruit?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Good question. My assumptions always been that it's better than nothing, but i'm basing that literally on nothing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

for me it is a definite nay because if the recruiting process extends to the off season then you can schedule week 1 of the off season recruiting for most likely an A-A+ visit likely getting you a hard or soft commit right then
Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
for me it is a definite nay because if the recruiting process extends to the off season then you can schedule week 1 of the off season recruiting for most likely an A-A+ visit likely getting you a hard or soft commit right then
Off-season are in-home visits. Season visits are on-campus visits. You can have the recruit visit you in the season, then go visit him in the off-season.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

always assumed they were the same so thanks for that bit of info, but the impression i always felt like i was getting from a c or d visit during a bye week just made me want to pass every time. i only tried on ncaa 10 though but i felt like was getting points taken away on the d visits so i just stopped risking it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »