Home

Can the AI run option against you?

This is a discussion on Can the AI run option against you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 03:23 AM   #9
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Can the AI run option against you?

GT run it well against me when I was using Virginia.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I played GT and the only times they really moved the ball forward was on 3rd downs when they were forced to pass. It was probably one of the most boring games I've played.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

EA does a really poor job programming the AI to run the option properly. It gets blown up most of the time. It's really a shame, since I can move the ball like crazy with option plays - would be nice if the computer could do the same. Fortunately most of the teams I've played against hardly ever run the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

well, i have had them have sucess, and i'll tell you why. #1 I play only on Heisman. #2 I have their run blocking at 55, and my rush defense at 0. #3 I only play as the D-line, If I play as FS or SS I completely shut down the opposing teams offense, rushing and passing, I jump most of the routes, and stuff all of the runs. I played Utah at Air Force yesterday, and they had 250 Rushing Yards on me. I did win! 27-20 I think...
Old 08-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Add me to the list of users who destroyed both GT and Oregon. I think most of the issues come from the defensive AI being way to smart at making the right reads. Combined with super penetrating lines and its a recipe for disaster.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #14
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3

Well I may have figured this out.I read somewhere in a post if you up the QB's Ball Carrying Vision ratings then they'll run better.Well I moved Dobbs(Navy) from 65 to 85(didn't want it too high) and he had 60 yards on 13 carries vs me.I use Clemson and before I did this he would never get over 20 yards and always finished with a 1.1 average or lower.I'm still testing this and will go back and see if it was a fluke or not.If it does work though I'll be upping this for all option QB's so I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #15
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
Well I may have figured this out.I read somewhere in a post if you up the QB's Ball Carrying Vision ratings then they'll run better.Well I moved Dobbs(Navy) from 65 to 85(didn't want it too high) and he had 60 yards on 13 carries vs me.I use Clemson and before I did this he would never get over 20 yards and always finished with a 1.1 average or lower.I'm still testing this and will go back and see if it was a fluke or not.If it does work though I'll be upping this for all option QB's so I'll keep you posted.
This does nothing to help those in dynasty mode. Generated recruits will not have these ratings and therefore option teams will be dominated thoroughly.

Hopefully option rushing is one of the major fixes in patch #2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
I'd love to hear an update on what you discover. It is true this will not help recruits in dynasty mode as the last poster said, but at least you could get a couple years worth of decent competition from flexbone teams until all their original QBs graduate. I'll be checking back here to see what you might find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »